The athletes or fitness enthusiasts who are current or prior cancer patients and completing or have completed high school in the United States must apply for the enormous scholarship. The program is organized by the Paul Bernot Memorial Foundation.
The award is designed to support the needy students who are looking for funds to accomplish their educations or goals. The amount provided by the organization will be enough to pay for tuition, fees, books or any other expense.
The Paul Bernot Memorial Foundation works to empowering athletes impacted by cancer to pursue their passions. It was created in memory of a courageous young athlete who died from colorectal cancer at age 33.
Who May Eligible?
The interested candidates must be following all the eligibility criteria:
- Must submit Physician Verification form for proof of current or prior diagnosis/treatment for cancer
- Must be completing or have completed high school successfully
- Must have a minimum unweighted GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Must be accepted and enrolled as a student in at least two classes (typically six credit hours) at an accredited college, university, or trade school in the United States for the fall 2020 academic semester
How to Apply
The application form with the asked details can be either mailed to Paul Bernot Memorial Foundation Scholarship 4430 Tipperary Place Winston-Salem, NC 27104 or emailed to (scanned or electronic versions) email@example.com.
- An official high school transcript which is to be sealed in an envelope from the institution
- A maximum 500-word essay stating “How I will represent and carry out the mission of the Foundation: to empower athletes impacted by cancer to pursue their passions.”
- Proof of enrollment at college, university, trade school for Fall 2020 semester
- Signed proof of diagnosis/treatment from a physician
- Recommendation letter from a teacher, counsellor, coach, youth leader, etc
The Paul Bernot Memorial Foundation Scholarship is a $3,000 award for one year. The grant will be distributed in $1500 per semester paid at the beginning of each semester.
The final date provided by the committee to submit your documents is 15th May 2020.