- November 29, 2018
- Posted by: Study Help
- Category: Student Competitions
Applications are open for the Passion to Perform International Art Contest funded by Passion to perform. The competition is open to any person practicing art to support and encourage emerging artists from around the world and develop a world-class collection of work representing these artists.
Passion to perform celebrates the interconnection between performance and passion and aims to award-winning entrants with meaningful compensation that can positively impact each artist’s practice and encourage them to pursue their passion.
Who May Eligible:
The competition is open to any person practicing art, and each artist can submit up to 2 entries.
How to Apply & Competition Rules:
To participate, the applicants must submit an online application form through the given link: http://www.passiontoperform.ca/#
- They will only be admitting 2 entries per person.
- Works entered must be an original composition created by the entrant. There is no maximum size or specific dimensions for the work.
- Entrants should submit digital images of the artwork with a resolution of 300 DPI or higher.
- All entrants will be required to register with the site and agree to the waiver and disclaimer found in the electronic submission form in order to enter the competition.
- The entrant must specify the price of the artwork in the online registration form, as part of the initial online entry. This price will form the “catalog selling price”, in the event the corporation wishes to acquire the artwork. This price is independent of shipping and insurance which will be borne by the company.
- The value for the artworks can only be up to USD $1,500 in order to accommodate the possible acquisition of the artwork by Yamana Gold. Any submitted artwork with a registered value higher than USD$ 1,500 will not be accepted into the competition.
The following prizes were awarded in $USD based on a jury selection:
- $6,000 for first place
- $2,500 for second place
- $1,500 for third place
- In addition, a fund has been established to acquire additional artworks from the shortlist of finalists, which will then become part of the permanent collection.
December 31, 2018, is the deadline for online email entries, by 5 pm EST.