If you are striving to receive financial assistance for your studies, you are on the right track. The Panda Cares Scholars Program awards with the two different scholarships are Panda Cares First-Year Scholarship and the Panda Cares Scholarship for the freshmen students and the students involved in the first year and pursuing four college years. The organization is familiar with the constant rise in educational fees and the difficulties students and their families face to meet the demand of ongoing fields to chase their dreams. To push these students closer to their dreams, the Panda Cares Scholars Program is awarding the scholarship for the students having excellent academic performance having GPA score of 3.0, involved in extracurricular activities, and community service.
The Panda Cares Scholars Program aims to assist Goal-oriented students and utilize their excellence for community development. Their mission is to provide a collection of scholarship opportunities for high-performing students with a desire for service. Its mission is to inspire better lives to the people in the community; Panda is committed to serving the communities in which it operates by accessing them with food, funding health, and education programs, and volunteer services to associate youth and disaster relief efforts.
The Panda Cares Scholars Program was established in 1999 and is genuinely involved in serving the community through various modes. In 2020, Panda founded the Panda Cares Scholars Program to support the necessary funding and leadership progress to help high school and college students learn and thrive towards a promising future. Funds awarded through the Panda Cares Foundation are directed with the support of UNCF.
Students are asked to enroll thoroughly through the following table to get more information about scholarships:
|Organization||Panda Cares Scholars Program|
|Educational Level||College or University Students|
|Number of Awards||Undefined|
Who May Be Eligible
Both the scholarships have different eligibility requirements. Some of the common requirements are:
1)Panda Cares First-Year scholarship requirement is:
- The fellow must be a graduating high school senior planning to enroll in fall 2020 as a full-time, first-year student at an accredited U.S. located four-year college or university.
- The fellow must have a minimum cumulative 3.0 GPA.
- The fellow must be a legal resident of the United States.
- The fellow must need financial assistance.
2) Panda Cares Scholarship eligibility criteria is:
- The applicant should be enrolled as a full-time student at the U.S. located, accredited college and university as a college freshman that will be a sophomore beginning fall 2020
- The candidate should be a citizen, legal permanent resident, l of the United States.
- The fellow must have received a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- The fellow must have attended a minimum of 20 hours of Community Service.
- Have demonstrated financial and unmet need as measured by the student’s college or university
How to Apply
Submission must be made through the online process accompanied by the required documents. The fellow must submit a wholly filled application, as the incomplete application will not be considered for the scholarship. Students are requested to provide the submission before the deadline to receive full advantage of the scholarship.
Both scholarships have different mandatory document requirements; some of them are:
- For Panda Cares First-Year scholarship :
- The fellow should submit a letter of recommendation
- The students must submit a personal statement to demonstrate their grit in their pursuit of a college education
- The fellow should provide a copy of their financial aid award letter from the college they are attending
- The candidate must submit a full copy of their most recent FAFSA student aid report
- The candidate must submit their final high school transcript
- The fellow should provide a statement describing their extracurricular activities, honors and awards, and community service
2) Panda Cares Scholarship:
- The student must provide proof of residence
- The fellow should provide a Recommendation letter
- The fellow must submit the complete application
- The candidate should demonstrate the need for financial assistance
- The student must submit the proof of enrollment to an accredited college and university as a college freshmen
This scholarship reduces the financial stress of the students related to academics. The provided scholarship should only be used to pay the academic needs of students like tuition, fees, and other related costs. The awarded scholarship encourages the students to accomplish their goals by overcoming obstacles. The process of these scholarships is too simple. These scholarships will build confidence in the applicant.
Both the programs have different deadlines, so kindly go through the scholarship you are applying to and submit before the due date.