Pacific Legal Foundation is now inviting applications for the “Law Student Writing Competition”. The completion is open to students who are currently enrolled full- or part-time in a law school in the United States. The program will award up to $9,000 to three winning candidates.
Pacific Legal Foundation is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization was founded in 1973 by members of then-Governor Ronald Reagan’s staff. As the first public interest law firm, the PLF dedicated to the principles of individual rights and limited government.
Who May Eligible:
To eligible, the candidates must be a student who is currently enrolled full- or part-time in a law school in the United States.
How to Apply & Competitions Rules
To participate, the applicants must write a submission and email to PJA[@]pacificlegal.org.
Note: In the body of the email please include your contact information, the law school you attend, and your expected graduation date.
- All submissions must comply with the Harvard Law Review Association’s Bluebook Uniform System of Citation (21st ed.).
- There is no page limit for entries, although a word count of 3,000 to 5,000 words is suggested.
- Submission must be submitted by email, in both Microsoft Word and PDF formats, and composed in Times New Roman 12-point font, double-spaced.
- Citations should be included in footnotes, and the essay may include headings and subheadings.
- Submissions must be original works of publishable quality written
- Topics: Entries must address one of PLF’s topic questions (check on website) to be eligible for prizes.
- The first place winner will receive a $5,000 cash prize, the second place winner will receive a $3,000 cash prize and the third place winner will receive a $1,000 cash prize.
- The winner will also be recognized at the Annual Pacific Legal Foundation Gala.
- PLF will pay for the winner’s reasonable travel costs to attend the gala and will assist with travel arrangements.
The submissions must be received by 5:00 p.m. (PST) on May 15, 2018. The winner will be notified by July 15, 2018.
If you have any questions about the contest, direct to PJA-at-pacificlegal.org or call (425) 576-0484.