- November 5, 2018
- Posted by: Study Help
- Category: Scholarships
Linacre College at Oxford University is thrilled to announce the Oxford Agnese Nelms Haury Full-Tuition Scholarship for applicants who are normally resident in the USA or Canada. Through this scholarship program, the university provides 100% of fees and a grant for living costs for students.
This full-time scholarship is open to students who are going to apply or gain admission to one of the designated Master’s courses at Oxford University and hold official status in the US or Canada as American Indian, Alaska Native, First Nation, Metis or Inuit.
Who May Eligible:
In order to be eligible, the student must meet the following criteria:
- Normally resident in the USA or Canada and hold official status in the US or Canada as American Indian, Alaska Native, First Nation, Metis or Inuit
- Students should apply and gain admission to one of the designated Master’s courses at Oxford University and hold official status in the US or Canada as American Indian, Alaska Native, First Nation, Metis or Inuit. Eligible Courses are:
- MSc in Archaeological Science
- MSc in Biodiversity, Conservation, and Management
- MSc Comparative Social Policy
- MSc Economics for Development
- MSc Environmental Change and Management
- MSc Evidence-based Social Intervention and Policy Evaluation
- MSc Global Governance and Diplomacy
- MSc Latin American Studies
- MSc Migration Studies
- MSc Nature, Society, and Environmental Governance
- MSc Refugee and Forced Migration Studies
- MSc Social Anthropology
- MSc Visual, Material and Museum Anthropology
- MSc Water Science Policy and Management
How to Apply & Scholarships Rules:
To be considered for this scholarship, submit your application for graduate study by the relevant January deadline. The link is: https://www.ox.ac.uk/admissions/graduate/courses/courses-a-z-listing?wssl=1
- For more information about the courses, potential applicants should contact the relevant directors of the postgraduate programs of interest.
- For information about the Agnese Nelms Haury Programme, which is housed at the University of Arizona, applicants may contact Program Director Anna Spitz at firstname.lastname@example.org (link sends e-mail), who can also put you in touch with people who can informally advise you on your application (e.g. former Rhodes scholars, native students who studied at Oxford, North American students and faculty who studied for or taught some of the designated degrees).
- The scholarship is only tenable at Linacre College. All eligible applicants will be considered for this scholarship, regardless of which college (if any) you state as your preference on the graduate application form. However, successful applicants will be transferred to Linacre College in order to take up the scholarship.
- American and Canadian nationals who are offered a place on one of the eligible courses will be contacted by email around April and will be asked to submit additional material if they believe they meet the selection criteria regarding official status, as outlined above.
- The scholarship holder should be prepared to provide evidence of native status.
- For more information about the scholarship program requirements, visit Native American/First Nations at Oxford University at The Agnese Nelms Haury Program in Environment and Social Justice Program
- Eligible candidates are automatically considered for this scholarship. Value: 100% of fees and a grant for living costs
- The scholarship covers tuition fees and living costs for Native American and First Nations students from the US and Canada for a one-year taught Master’s Degree at Oxford University in association with Linacre College.
- The scholarship also covers:
- One flight from US/Canada to London at the start of the program
- One flight from London to US/Canada at the end of the program
- Visa application expenses for the standard visa process
The applications are open until January 2019.