Working to advance the profession of Psychology and promote the highest standards of ethics in the same, Division 31 has established the Outstanding Psychologist Awards for the academic year 2022-2023.
This award is exclusively extended to individuals who are psychologists whose distinguished contributions may include demonstrating outstanding leadership in state, provincial or territorial psychological association(s) (SPTA). Psychology students have been offered this award since 1985. The selected students are likely to be provided scholarships or support to pursue their PhD in Psychology in an accredited American college.
Division 31 is the APA home for all State Provincial and Territorial Psychological Associations. Div. 31 aims to provide individuals and all psychological associations with useful resources, services, and benefits, as well as being their voice for psychological association issues within APA. It also facilitates communication among SPTAs, their staff, and members, promoting and recognizing the activities of individual SPTAs and their representatives. The division provides advocacy for state, provincial, and territorial associations about its issues within the governance structure of APA.
|Number of Awards||NA|
|Contest Deadline||1st June 2022|
Who is Eligible?
- The applicants must demonstrate outstanding leadership in state, provincial, or territorial psychological associations.
- The applicants must demonstrate advocacy psychology through the state, provincial, or territorial psychological associations.
- The applicants must have impacted psychology and its clients through distinguished service.
- The applicants must have served as a role model for active participation in organized psychology.
How to Apply?
- The applicants are required to prepare the following:
- A letter of recommendation from the person making the nomination states why the nominee should be considered. There can be more than one letter but no more than three.
- The letter should highlight some of the aspects mentioned in the eligibility section.
- A curriculum vitae
- Then, the prepared documents must be submitted to Div. 31 presidents to be considered for the award.
Division 31 will exclusively provide the selected psychology students with this award. The award will typically be directed towards the cost of education of a PhD in Psychology in an accredited American university or college.
The award is an annual award for which applications close on 1st June 2022. The applicants must prepare, compile, and submit the required materials and supporting documents to the concerned individual by the deadline to be positively considered.