Join a demanding clinical and didactic learning experience designed to graduate physical therapists with advanced competency in manual physical therapy by applying for the Orthopaedic Manual Physical Therapy Fellowship (OMPT) at the University of St. Augustine for Health Sciences for the academic year 2022-2023.
All candidates that have master’s degree in a clinical field of study and meet the didactic requirements of the fellowship programme can make an application. Applicants must possess clinical reasoning skills to be eligible to be considered. Chosen candidates will be awarded this fellowship.
The University of St. Augustine for Health Sciences is a private graduate institution devoted to health sciences education. It is headquartered in San Marcos, California and was founded in 1979 as the Institute of Physical Therapy. It is one of the best universities for occupational therapy. The University of St. Augustine for Health Sciences’s mission is to develop professional health care practitioners through innovative, individualized, and quality classroom, clinical, and distance education.
|Organization||University of St. Augustine for Health Sciences|
|Number of Awards||NA|
Who is Eligible?
- The applicants must be licensed or eligible for licensure in the state of the clinic assignment.
- The applicants must have completed an APTA-accredited orthopedic residency program or earned a successful orthopedic certified specialist exam score.
- The applicants must display professional behaviours and enthusiasm in Orthopaedic Manual Physical Therapy.
- The applicants must demonstrate motivation and commitment to the profession.
- The applicants must have a master’s degree certification.
- The applicants must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
How to Apply?
- Interested applicants are required to prepare the following supporting documentation:
- Online application
- Official transcripts from the degree-conferring institution
- Two references from professional colleagues
- PT state license or proof of eligibility for licensure in the state of practice
- Current resume or curriculum vitae, which lists continuing education and professional publications
- Current photo
- To apply, students must visit the RF-PTCAS website as mentioned below:
- Under the Admissions Documents tab, follow the directions to upload your PT license, resume, photo, and essay.
- Input your references’ contact information.
- Click “Submit for Review.”
- Then, finally, contact yourEA so they can review your application and move it forward to Admissions.
- Fellowship applications must be made on this page.
The applicants selected as fellows for the Orthopaedic Manual Physical Therapy Fellowship by the University of St. Augustine for Health Sciences will be mentored in a qualified clinic by an approved mentor and educational fund while completing didactic components.
The fellowship application process is ongoing. However, students are suggested to submit completed application documentation to avoid rejection of their application.