The University of Toronto is inviting students who are Canadian citizens, Protected Persons or permanent residents, or international students studying in Ontario under temporary students VISA to apply for numerous OGS scholarship programs to enjoy its benefits. The grant helps the applicants to overcome the financial barriers and complete their studies at the University peacefully.
This Ontario Graduate Scholarship (OGS) will help students with their educational funds and other college expenses. Students with academic excellence and low financial background are supported through various scholarship grants for assisting them to achieve their dreams.
WGSI supports its students with a variety of scholarships and fellowships. WGSI helps students inside and outside the University. There are many scholarship funds for Canadian residents or landed immigrants or international students. The University of Toronto takes responsibility for intake, processing, adjudication, and awarding of OGS scholarships.
Who May Be Eligible?
Here are the eligibility requirements to apply for the grant:
- Applicant must be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or protected person under subsection 95(2) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act.
- International students with a temporary resident’s visa with a study permit can also apply for this scholarship.
- The student must have achieved at least A or equivalent in previous years of study.
How to Apply
Applicants should submit their application before the deadline to be considered for the scholarship. Student needs to provide their university credentials to login and then access the online form for the grant. All the required details with the documents should be adequately submitted through the form for consideration.
- The applicant must attach proof for the Canadian resident or permanent residency.
- If the applicant is an international student, the applicant must attach the student viva with the application.
- Applicants must submit a complete OGS application form for the scholarship.
- Applicants must submit transcripts from all post-secondary institutions.
- Applicants must submit previous awards/publications/conferences/research if received any.
- The applicant must submit a plan of study with the application. The statement about applicants’ future study plans must be at least two pages.
- Applicants must attach two academic references with the application form.
Winners will be awarded scholarships valued at $5,000 per term. The students winning Ontario Graduate Scholarship for 2020-2021 will get a total of $15,000/year. This amount will help students with their educational expenses like books, tuition, and many other costs.
The application must be submitted by December 9, 2020. Preview your application before you send them as you cannot change or add any information once the form is uploaded.