Sponsored by the Oncology Nursing Foundation and the Oncology Nursing Certification Corporation, we have doctoral scholarships for students pursuing postgraduate degrees. The sole purpose behind the following scholarships is to give grants to enrolled medical attendants who are focused on oncology nursing to proceed with their schooling by seeking an exploration doctoral certification (Ph.D.) or clinical doctoral certification (DNP). To enter this scholarship, the candidates will have to pay the application fees of $5 per application, payable to the Foundation through ONS.
As for eligibility, the competitor should be, as of now, selected (or applying to) a Ph.D. or then again DNP nursing degree program for the 2022-2023 academic year (beginning fall 2022.) The competitor should have a current permit to practice as an enrolled nurse and commit to oncology nursing. The most deserving and selected doctoral recipients of the following scholarships will be given awards amounting to $7,500.The application period for the following scholarships will close on January 30, 2022.
The Oncology Nursing Foundation is a public, non-profit, tax absolved, beneficent association settled in Pittsburgh, PA, and committed to oncology medical caretakers from around the world. The mission of the Oncology Nursing Foundation is to help cancer nursing excellence. Since its beginning in 1981, the Oncology Nursing Foundation, through liberal commitments from people and organizations, has given more than $29 million in financing to help oncology nursing instruction, examination, and authority advancement.
Below we have a brief description of the following scholarship:
|Organization||Oncology Nursing Foundation|
|Number of Awards||1|
|Contest Deadline||January 30, 2022|
|Requirements||Essay, letters of recommendation|
Who is Eligible?
The eligibility criteria for the following scholarships are as follows:
- The candidate must be currently enrolled in (or applying to) a Ph.D. or DNP nursing degree program for the 2022-2023 academic year (starting fall 2022.)
- The candidate must have a current license to practice as a registered nurse and must have a commitment to oncology nursing.
How to Apply?
In order to apply for the doctoral scholarships, the interested individuals are expected to do the following:
- Clearly answers the essay question and addresses the Foundation’s mission pillars and diversity, equity, and inclusion statements (found in the application).
- Your application must be strong in terms of grammar, punctuation, syntax, and conciseness.
- Reflects your role in oncology and how you’ve grown professionally, but also how you’ve contributed to the cancer care community through membership or volunteer positions.
- Includes goals that are specific, measurable, actionable, realistic, and related to the advancement of oncology nursing.
The candidates can apply for their respective doctoral scholarship by filling out the application forms provided on the portal
The candidate must provide a letter of reference from the current work supervisor or academic advisor on organizational letterhead, signed by the individual providing recommendation. The letter must address the applicant’s ability to perform doctoral-level work.
The most deserving and selected recipients of the following scholarships will be given awards amounting to $7,500.
The application period for the following scholarships will close on January 30, 2022. No applications will be acceptedpast the deadline.