The UCLA Oncology Imaging fellowship is a new comprehensive one-year clinical fellowship concentrated in multi-modality cancer imaging, including CT, MRI, PET/CT, PET/MR; and if desired, exposure to image-guided oncology procedures. In addition to providing a strong foundation in body imaging, this training program will allow fellows to become proficient in imaging performed for the selection, planning, and monitoring of treatment in cancer care.
Fellows will gain proficiency in the standard of care cross-sectional imaging, including abdominal MRI, chest CT, abdominal CT, and whole body MRI, as well as gain expertise in standardized response assessment of clinical trial imaging. Fellows will also participate in the PET/CT and PET/MR services, imaging services jointly staffed by the Departments of Nuclear Medicine and Radiology to gain interpretive skills with multiple PET radiopharmaceuticals, including PSMA PET.
Fellows will actively participate in many multidisciplinary cancer programs and tumor boards at UCLA Jonsson Comprehensive Cancer Center. This experience affords an opportunity to gain familiarity with types of cancer treatments, the role of localized therapy, as well as imaging patterns of tumor-specific metastases, disease recurrence, and drug toxicity.
Table of Contents
|Organization||University of California|
|Subjects||Imaging & Health Sciences Clinical|
|Number of Awards||NA|
Who is Eligible?
- MD/DO degree
- Completion of a Radiology Residency
- Must be eligible and obtain full licensure by the California Medical Board by the start of fellowship 07/01/2024
How to Apply?
- Universal Fellowship Application – Please fill out the Fellowship Application:
- Curriculum Vitae – Your most recently updated C.V.
- Personal Statement
- USMLE/COMLEX Score Reports
- Medical School Diploma
- Statement on Contributions to Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion – An EDI Statement describes a faculty candidate’s past, present, and future (planned) contributions to equity, diversity, and inclusion. To learn more about how UCLA thinks about contributions to equity, diversity, and inclusion, please review our Sample Guidance for Candidates and related EDI Statement FAQ document.
- Misc / Additional (Optional)
- 3 letters of reference required
3 letters of recommendation are required. Please have your letter writers upload their letters.
Fellowship applications are now open