Grab a wonderful chance to join Gold Mountain Scholarship for fall 2020, which is held by OCA-UPS. The program is applicable for students who are AAPI high school seniors enrolled at a college or university.
The motive of organizing this award is to contribute financial assistance to outstanding students for their higher education. The grant can be used to cover their tuition, books and other related education costs.
OCA – Asian Pacific Americans Advocates was founded in 1973 and work as a national non-profit membership-driven organization located in Washington, D.C. It is dedicated to advancing the social, political, and economic well-being of Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders.
Who May Eligible?
Applicants are required to take a look over the eligibility criteria:
- Must be an AAPI high school senior who has been admitted to a college or university and plan to attend in Fall 2020
- Must be the first in their family to attend an institution of higher learning
- Must have a Social Security number or an employment number
How to Apply
All applicants are encouraged to apply online through an application form and must provide all required details.
- A copy of most recent unofficial or official transcript
- Must submit three essays of a maximum 500 words on the topics “Describe a challenge that you have had to overcome. What effect did this obstacle have on your person and character? “, “How will this scholarship help you achieve your goals?” “Address anything regarding your application or list any other awards or notable accomplishments you would like us to consider.”
- Two-letter of references but not to be written by any family member.
The OCA-UPS Gold Mountain Scholarship includes up to 15 awards of amount $2,000 for the deserving scholars.
The applications are open to apply until April 13, 2020, at 11:59 PM PT.