The Oak Foundation is now accepting applications for the Oak Foundation International Human Rights Fellowship Program. They are seeking exceptional and enthusiastic candidates who are willing to commit to a six-month placement, with the possibility of an extension to be discussed during the placement itself.
The fellowship is open to graduates and post-graduates for a six-month paid human rights fellowship with the Oak Foundation. This is an excellent opportunity to learn about international human rights in practice from within a global organization.
Who May Eligible:
To eligible, the candidates must be following all the eligibility criteria:
- You will be a recent graduate or postgraduate with a sound grounding in the field of human rights, international development, or a related field as a result of your studies or practical experience
- You will have strong analytical and critical thinking skills and will write clearly and concisely
- You will display intellectual curiosity and will be a fast learner with demonstrated initiative
- You will be able to demonstrate your commitment to a career in human rights or international relations
- You will have excellent oral and written communication skills in English, and strong administrative, organizational and time management skills
- You will be able to use your initiative to priorities competing for workloads and work independently
- You will be competent in the use of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- You will already have the right to undertake a paid fellowship in the UK.
How to Apply & Competition Rules:
To participate, the applicants must submit an online application form through the given link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSezqcvVnnjyMASOIqMVNvCGUjOiE9zFCzi6wfXgFf1wBfEnFg/viewform
- The application must be filled out in one sitting, i.e. it is not possible to save the application and return to it at another time.
- They, therefore, recommend that you prepare your answers in advance before inputting them into the form.
- You can do so using this document.
- The successful candidate will work at the Oak Foundation’s central London office for 4-5 days per week, negotiated according to need.
- It will be a six-month placement, with a possible extension, subject to review.
- A stipend of £90 per day worked in the office is available to cover travel expenses and living allowance.
The closing date for applications is November 21, 2018.
If you have any questions about the Fellowship or about the application process, send an email to email@example.com.