Apply today for the Diversity Scholarship program organized by the NYIPLEF. The award is intended towards the law students indulged in a J.D or LL.M at an accredited law school in the New York area.
The grant will undoubtedly provide valuable help to cover student’s tuition and expenses related to law school. The scholar will be able to accomplish his/her dreams without any financial hurdles.
The New York Intellectual Property Law Education Foundation was established in 2015 and holds the name as a charitable organization. It has a mission to promote intellectual property law education in the New York area.
Who May Eligible?
Interested candidates must take a look over the given criteria:
- Must be a Law student
- Must be enrolled in a J.D or LL.M at an accredited law school in New York area including Connecticut and New Jersey
- Must have diverse status as a member of a minority group, and having the intention to pursue a full-time career in intellectual property law
- Must not have any family relationship to an officer or director of NYIPLEF
How to Apply
Candidates must fill an online application form and submit it via e-mail email@example.com or mail to NYIPLEF Executive Office 2125 Center Ave., Suite 406 Fort Lee, NJ 07024.
- Must submit a professional resume including academic highlights, work experience and extracurricular activities
- Undergraduate, graduate (if applicable) and law school transcripts reflecting academic accomplishment
- One letter of recommendation
- A short essay of maximum 250 words by the applicant describing their interest in intellectual property law.
- The essay should identify the applicant’s name, telephone number and e-mail
- A commitment to use scholarship funds solely for tuition and expenses related to attending law school.
The qualified scholar will receive an award amount of $10,000, which can be used for tuition and expenses related to attending law school.
The applicants are free to apply until 25 March 2020 to get considered for the scholarship.