Planning on attending the Guided NYC Photo Walk? Make sure you charge your camera! The All-American High School Film Festival (AAHSFF) is now accepting applications for the NYC Photo Walk Photography Competition.
This competition is an international film festival and thus it accepts films from anywhere in the world as long as you were in high school or high school age when you made the film. The purpose of the Film Invitational is to provide an immersive, real-world experience for student filmmakers.
Stroll the famous Washington Square Park and snap photos of iconic landmarks, historical architecture, interesting people and the memorable New York City experience. Remember to get creative.
Who May Eligible:
To eligible, the candidates must be following all the eligibility criteria:
- The film’s director(s) must have been in high school or younger while filming the project.
- Middle school students are eligible to submit.
- If the film’s director(s) were high school seniors at the time of creation, but are now in college the film is eligible to be submitted.
- They are an international film festival and thus accept films from anywhere in the world as long as you were in high school or high school age when you made the film.
How to Apply & Competitions Rules:
To participate, the applicants must submit an online application form through the given link: https://www.hsfilmfest.com/photo-walk/
- All films must be in English or subtitled in English.
- Action Sports – No sport is off limits! Skiing, Snowboarding, Chess, Cheerleading, Cliff jumping as long as it has an action you can submit it! – 5 minutes or less
- Animation – All forms of animation are accepted. – 8 minutes or less
- Broadcast Journalism – Share relevant stories that are impacting your local community. News crews are encouraged to explore and report the most pressing issues in your town. – 5 minutes or less
- Comedy – Don’t forget the funny… – 10 minutes or less
- Documentary – All forms of documentary films accepted. – 15 minutes or less
- Drama – All forms of narrative films accepted. – 20 minutes or less
- Experimental – Your film doesn’t fit neatly in any other category? This is the place for it. – 7 minutes or less
- Horror/Sci-Fi/Fantasy – All forms of Horror, Sci-fi or Fantasy films accepted. – 8 minutes or less
- Middle School – Are you in 8th grade or younger? Then this is the category for you. – 5 minutes or less
- Music Video – Although we do not accept music videos with copyrighted music (without explicit permission) they continue to work to provide rights-cleared music that you can use. click here to browse their library of rights-cleared – 5 minutes or less
- PSA – All forms of Public Service Announcements are accepted. – 3 minutes or less
- Send your best shots from the Guided Photo Walk (max of 10 photos)
- All of the photographs submitted must have been taken during the Guided Photo Walk at the 2018 Festival on Friday, October 5th.
- All of the photographs submitted must be of the Washington Square Park, subjects in Washington Square Park or photographs taken during the walk to the Opening Night Venue, Galvanize.
- All music and other copyrighted material (images, videos, etc.) used in the films must be properly licensed.
- There are various resources that offer free music and images.
- The winning photographer will receive a 1 Hour Skype session with a professional photographer (TBA) and
- A photo prize package worth $250!
Photo submission deadline: October 10th, 2018 – November 4th, 2018.