The National Society of High School Scholars has been supporting young academics on their journey to college and beyond as they prepare to become the leaders of tomorrow. The mission of the NSHSS is to support academic achievement and world betterment.
Who May Eligible
- Undergraduate college freshman, sophomore or junior who demonstrates exemplary leadership in their school, community and/or workplace
- Holders must be enrolled in a 4-year undergraduate degree program with a minimum GPA of 3.0
- A full-time student taking 12 or more credits during Fall 2019 semester
- Application is open to NSHSS college students worldwide
How to Apply
To be eligible to apply for this award, applicants must have to provide Application Requirements:
- Educator Recommendation
- Color headshot suitable for website posting
- Personal statement of 500 words to two of three
- In your own words, how do you define leadership?
- What three words best describe your leadership style and why?
- Explain how your leadership in a particular activity or initiative has made a positive impact on the lives of others and/or in your community.
- Students will receive a USD $1,000 scholarship through this NSHSS Emerging Leader Award.
- Scholarship funds will be sent to the student’s university prior to the fall 2019 semester and can be used at any 4-year accredited university.
Application Deadline: Applications of the NSHSS award are closed on Tuesday, October 01, 2019.