If you want to boom your career in a STEM field, then you have a lucky chance to apply for funding. The National Science Foundation is excited to announce the NSF Graduate Research Fellowship Program. This award supports individuals early in their graduate training in STEM (Science, Technology, Education, and Mathematics) fields.
The National Science Foundation is an independent federal agency. NSF is vital because they support basic research and people to create knowledge that transforms the future. NSF’s mission is support for science and engineering education, from pre-K through graduate school and beyond.
Who May Eligible
- S. citizens, nationals, and permanent residents
- This program provides educational opportunities for Undergraduate Students, Graduate Students, Or
- 1 st & 2nd-year graduate students
- Pursuing research-based M.S. or Ph.D. degrees
- Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM)
- Must enroll in a full-time graduate degree program in the summer or fall of the year they are offered a GRFP award
- To accept a fellowship award, if notified, you must inform NSF of your acceptance to a graduate program, if not already enrolled
How to Apply
In order to apply for this excellent study program, you need to download application PDF on your system then you can complete the application form with these following supporting documents.
- Personal Information, Education, Work/Research Experience, Proposed Field of Study, Academic honors, Publications
- Personal, Relevant Background and Future Goals Statement (3 pages)
- Graduate Research Statement (2 pages)
- Transcripts (uploaded electronically)
- Three letters of reference
Five Year Award – $138,000
- Three years of support
- $34,000 Stipend per year
- $12,000 Educational allowance to institution
- Professional Development Opportunities:
- GRIP: Graduate Research Internship Program (Federal Internships)
- INTERN: Non-Academic Research Internship (see NSF 18-102)
- Supercomputer access: XSEDE
- Career Life Balance (family leave)
- For Life Sciences, Geosciences deadline is October 21, 2019.
- For Computer and Information Science and Engineering, Engineering, Materials Research deadline is October 22, 2019.
- For Psychology, Social Sciences, STEM Education and Learning deadline are October 24, 2019.
- Chemistry, Mathematical Sciences, Physics, and Astronomy deadline is October 25, 2019.