Northwestern Health Sciences University would like to introduce a generous funding programme called Diversity Scholarship available for the academic year 2020-2021. This Diversity Scholarship intends to foster an environment that appreciates and values an increasingly diverse student body and increase the recruitment, retention, and graduation of a diverse student body. Candidates who are incoming freshmen students of Northwestern Health Sciences University and exhibit the genuine financial need will be considered for this scholarship programme.
The purpose of the university behind offering this scholarship is to develop students’ interest, involvement, and leadership in diversity, inclusion, and social justice initiatives. With an amazing award amount and other perks, this scholarship will take away all the financial concerns of students and allow them to invest their more time in focusing on their studies. On the other hand, receiving this award will motivate students to perform well during their studies and secure better grades. Students can spend their time gaining knowledge and enhancing skills rather than searching for part-time jobs.
Started in 1941 as Northwestern College of Chiropractic, Northwestern Health Sciences University is a diverse and mission-driven community. Since its establishment, it has been committed to advance health care. It has been preparing students to become the next generation of healthcare professionals. Besides classroom learning, students gain a priceless experience of working with corporate research partners, and hospitals and clinics. It provides a variety of degree programmes that fit students’ needs and schedules. At this institution, students benefit from diverse educational opportunities designed to assist them to advance their knowledge and skills.
|Organization||Northwestern Health Sciences University|
|Amount||50% of tuition|
|Number of Awards||N/A|
|Application Deadline||November 6, 2020|
Who May Be Eligible?
Please check out the following requirements before applying:
- Demonstrate financial need;
- Meet at least two of the following criteria:
Be a first-generation college student
Be a member of an underrepresented or marginalized group (including but not limited to underrepresented racial populations, women, LGBTQI, low income, individuals with disabilities, etc.);
Have overcome personal, social, and/or physical obstacles pursuing an education and/or be from a living environment or academic setting that may have hindered educational pursuits;
Have demonstrated a commitment to diversity and inclusion, and/or leadership in working with underrepresented groups, through employment, community service, or other involvement.
How to Apply
To apply for this scholarship, applicants will need to complete and submit the application for admission first before the application deadline. Applying early is highly recommended. After that, they will get access to the online application for the scholarship.
- A personal Statement (300-500 words) in which you need to describe the following:
- How you meet the scholarship criteria (See Eligibility Criteria above),
- How you have demonstrated your commitment to diversity, inclusion, equity, or social justice through your work experience, service, or other involvements,
- Your plan to continue your commitment to diversity and inclusion, and your work with underrepresented and marginalized groups after graduation.
- Resume of Relevant Experience that should highlight the work, service, and leadership experiences
- Statement of Financial Need (300-word maximum)
- Two professional letters of recommendation from professional references who can speak about your qualifications for this scholarship, your commitment to diversity and inclusion, and/or your work/service with underrepresented/marginalized groups.
All the qualified candidates will get to receive an award equal to 50% of the academic programme tuition for each term. This award will help them pursue a course of their choice at Northwestern Health Sciences University without facing any financial hardship.
The applications will close on November 6, 2020.