If you are a parent who is attending or planning to attain college, university, or a technical school or planning to obtain a Child Development Associate (CDA), the Neighbors in Need of Service (NINOS) is taking an initiative to push the parent who is striving for the education for the better development of their Child. Neighbors in Need of Service has pleasantly announced the Neighbors in Need of Service scholarship for the Head Start/Early Head Start, deserving students who have the exceptional courage to receive the education. They provide twelve scholarships for former, or current Head Start/Early Head Start parents and the remaining nine for former Head Start students attending or planning to attend a college, university, or technical school.
The mission of Neighbors in Need of Service is to “Creating a brighter future for the children and their families” the organization is dedicated to enhancing the development of young children, promoting healthy family functioning, providing for staff development, and establishing partners among the Community. Their vision is to provide all the necessary material for the students, develop and adapt the healthy families.
Neighbors in Need of Service Head Start/Early Start program was established in 1990. The program is supported by the US Department of Health & Human Services local, a regional office in Dallas, which controls four grants: Head Start, Early Head Start, TDA, and T/TA. The service area covers the born through four (4) years of age. Head Start children to support them with the services that include educational, nutritional, dental health, transitional, and special services. One reason for providing the Head Start services is that the families must meet federal income poverty guidelines.
Take a look at the table given below for more information about scholarships:
|Organization||Neighbors in Need of Service|
|Educational Level||College or University Students|
|Number of Awards||Twelve|
Who May Be Eligible
Kindly enroll thoroughly through the below-mentioned points to know the eligibility criteria:
- The applicant must be a former or current parent of the NINOS, Inc. Head Start/Early Head Start Program for at least one school year. 2.
- The candidate must be a former student of the NINOS for at least one school year.
- The applicant must submit all information requested on the application.
- The student must be a resident of the NINOS, Inc. service area in Cameron or Willacy County.
- The applicant must be having remarkable academic performance.
- The candidate should be involved in community service and extracurricular activities.
- The applicant must be planning to get enrolled in an accredited college or university.
How to Apply
The student should provide the submission before the deadline attached with the valid information. The candidate must submit all the listed documents with the complete information in the application. The submission should be postmarked to Neighbors In Need of Services, Inc. attention to:
- Mail at: Ms. Kady Lemmon, Scholarship Committee Chairperson, PO Box 189, Rio Hondo, Texas 78583
- Drop Off to Ms. Kady Lemmon, Scholarship Committee Chairperson, 22887 State Highway 345, Rio Hondo, Texas 78583
- Email to: fswo@nin
Kindly provide the submission before the deadline as the late submission will directly be rejected.
Kindly submit the enlisted documents along with the application:
- The candidate should provide proof of attendance to the NINOS, Inc. Head Start/ Early Head Start Program (certificate, letter from staff, pictures)
- The student should provide a letter of Acceptance or evidence that the student has applied or enrolled in a college, university, or technical school.
- The fellow should prove that there are additional means of tuition payment either by job, family support, grant, scholarship, etc. 7. An official stamped letter stating GPA, class standing, or current ranking (i.e., top 10%, first quarter, second quarter, etc.,
- The candidate should provide Proof of Community Services.
- The applicant must submit an essay of at least 300 words stating why financial assistance is necessary.
- The student should submit an essay of at least 300 words stating personal goals.
The provided scholarship will lessen the burden of the expenses of students. The scholarship should be only utilized to pay the freight of students’ expenses like Tuition Fees, Fees, Books, and other student requirements. This scholarship encourages the students to achieve their goals and overcomes struggles. The application process for this scholarship is too easy.
Applicants are invited to apply. Late applications will not be considered.