The Social Science Research Council is offering Doctoral Dissertation Research Fellowship to support the completion of doctoral degrees in the United States.
The program encouraged to promote diversity and encourages women to support dissertation research on peace, security, and development topics.
The Social Science Research Council is a US-based independent non-profit organization. It is dedicated to advancing research in the social sciences and related disciplines.
Who May Eligible
To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Students must be citizens of any sub-Saharan African country
- Applicants must enrolled and working towards a PhD in an accredited university, or affiliated to an institution in Ghana, Kenya, Nigeria, South Africa, Tanzania, or Uganda
- Candidates must have a fully developed doctoral dissertation research proposal approved by a graduate school/program at an accredited university in Ghana, Kenya, Nigeria, South Africa, Tanzania or Uganda.
How to Apply
All applications must be submitted by using the online application portal.
- The program supports 6-12 months of dissertation research Which costs of up to US$15,000 on a topic related to peace, security, and development.
- This program also offers two workshops each year to help fellows to develop further and strengthen their research.
Application Deadline: The next application deadline is January 10, 2020.