NEWH, the hospitality industry network is accepting applications for the NEWH Green Voice Design Competition. This competition provides students with the opportunity to showcase their design skills while utilizing the very best in sustainable design products and practices.
The sponsors have generously donated the awards – one to the winning undergraduate student and one to the winning graduate student with airfare/lodging to the awards event at HD Expo in Las Vegas, Nevada provided.
Who May Eligible:
To eligible, the candidates must be following all the eligibility criteria:
- Interior Design or Architecture students only
- undergraduate (in a 4-year program) or graduate students attending an accredited college.
- Up to (2) students majoring in Interior Design or Architecture (only) may work together as a team.
How to Apply & Competition Rules:
To apply, the applicants must download the application form and submit via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Students must execute a dynamic, creative, cutting-edge design utilizing the very best products and technologies which encompass sustainable topics such as- site selection, water efficiency, energy conservation, products/materials, and indoor environmental quality.
- In addition to the physical aspects of design, the functional daily use of the space and how the occupants can operate the facility in a sustainable manner such as encouraging recycling and reuse, water and energy conservation to create a truly sustainable concept.
- All work must be student’s original work
- If awarded, students would split the $7,500 scholarship. Each student would receive paid travel and lodging to the awards event.
- Winner(s) must be able to attend the awards event with travel/lodging provided. The event is held in May annually at HD Expo in Las Vegas, Nevada. If unable to attend the awards event, the student may select (1) college representative to attend on their behalf.
- To receive the scholarship, you must be a currently enrolled student with past, current or upcoming debt through your college for tuition or program approved books/supplies.
- $7,500 undergraduate scholarship
- $7,500 graduate scholarship
The application deadline is January 3, 2022.