‘The Committee on Animals and the Law of the New York State Bar Association’ is pleased to announce the Student Writing Competition. The competition is open to law students (which include J.D., L.L.M., Ph.D., and S.J.D. candidates) who are currently enrolled as full time or part-time in an ABA-accredited law school.
This competition seeks to foster legal scholarship among law students in the area of animals and the law. This competition provides law students with an incentive and opportunity to learn more about this area of law.
Who May Eligible:
To eligible, the candidates must be following all the eligibility criteria:
- The competition is open to Law students (which include J.D., L.L.M., Ph.D., and S.J.D. candidates)
- The submission must be written by a student currently enrolled (full time or part-time) in an ABA-accredited law school.
- Students expecting to receive their degree in 2018 are eligible for consideration.
How to Apply & Competitions Rules:
To participate, the applicants must submit their paper submission to NYSBA Staff Liaison, Kim Francis, at email@example.com.
- Topic: Any topic on Animal Law
- Only one submission per entrant accepts.
- The submission must be written by one and only one student, i.e., papers jointly written by more than one student or that have been subjected to line editing by professors or advisors shall not be considered.
- No paper that has been previously published in any form shall be considered.
- Length: Typed, double-spaced, no less than 12 point Times New Roman font, on 8 ½ inches by 11-inch paper, with 1-inch margins, and no more than 25 pages, including footnotes. Footnotes should be single-spaced, and no less than 10 point font.
- Cover Page: Entrants must submit a cover page indicating the entrant’s name, law school, expected a year of graduation, mailing address, email address, and telephone number. All other references to identifying information, such as name, law school, and contact information should be deleted or redacted from the body of the submission.
- The first place winner will receive $1,000 and a certificate of achievement.
- The second place winner will receive $500 and a certificate of achievement.
- The third place winner will receive a certificate of recognition.
The application must be submitted no later than July 12, 2018.