To stand true to its mission of being one of the nation’s premier undergraduate institutions with excellent graduate education, scholarship, and public service, the University of Nebraska at Kearney has introduced its New Nebraska Scholarship for the academic year 2022-2023.
This scholarship scheme is an initiative of the University of Nebraska to help students financially by providing them with the difference between the in-state and non-resident tuition fees of the undergraduate degree programme they wish to join. The applicants must be full-time and first-time freshmen students to be eligible to win this scholarship that will typically cover up to $29,520 over four years of study at UNK.
The University of Nebraska at Kearney is a public university ranked 34th among the Regional Universities Midwest. UNK strives to achieve national distinction for a high-quality, multidimensional learning environment. Over the years since its establishment in 1905, the university has introduced an economic boost, an experienced and educated workforce, and a reputation to be proud of. The University of Nebraska aims to achieve national distinction for high quality, multidimensional learning environment, engagement with the community and public interests, and preparation of students to lead responsible and productive lives in a democratic, multicultural society.
Table of Contents
|Organization||University of Nebraska at Kearney|
|Number of Awards||NA|
Who is Eligible?
- The applicants must be enrolled in full-time courses during the fall and spring semesters.
- The applicants must be first-time freshmen, transfer, and re-enrolling undergraduate students.
- The applicants must be full-time students at UNK (12 or more credit hours) each semester.
- The applicants must remain in Academic Good Standing with the University.
- The applicants must NOT be enrolled in an exclusively online degree program.
How to Apply?
- All interested applicants are first required to apply for admission at the University of Nebraska at Kearney.
- For their admission application, the students will require the following supporting documents:
- Application form
- General Education Diploma
- Statement of Policy
- The applicants will have to meet the English language proficiency requirements of the university by providing either of the following test scores:
- TOEFL IBT – 61
- IELTS – 5.5
- Duolingo – 100
- PTE – 51
- CEFR – B2 or higher
- CAE – 160
- Cambridge English Language Assessment – B2 or higher
- The applicants do not need to submit any separate scholarship applications. Students for the scholarship award will be considered based on their admission application.
The University of Nebraska will provide the selected non-resident candidates with an opportunity to save $246 per credit hour. Most bachelor’s degrees at UNK require 120 credit hours which students pay $7,380 annually or $29,520 over four years. The students will receive this award as a tuition fee waiver.
The application deadline for this scholarship programme proposed by the University of Nebraska at Kearney is the same as the application deadline for admissions. Therefore, the scholarship application process is ongoing. Students are strongly advised to observe programme-specific application deadlines, if any.