New College of the Humanities Ltd is pleased to announce the ‘NCH Essay Competition’. NCH is inviting entries from those students who are currently in their penultimate year of secondary education. This is a global competition, so NCH encourage entries from those studying anywhere in the world.
Candidates are required to submit an essay of approximately 1,500 words in Word document format, typed and in double line spacing, with your full name at the top of each page.
Table of Contents
Who May Eligible:
To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- The students must be currently in their penultimate (second to last) year of secondary education, year 12,
- The students who are interested in studying humanities or social sciences at university.
- Entries from those studying anywhere in the world.
How to Apply & Competitions Rules:
To participate, the applicants must submit an application online form through the given link:
Entrants must register to participate in the competition through the given link: https://www.nchlondon.ac.uk/essay/#page-section-5
- Essays must be of approximately 1,500 words (excluding references and footnotes), typed and in double line spacing, with your full name at the top of each page, and be submitted in Word document format.
- Essays should be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Essays should answer one of the specified questions.
- The essay must be the sole creation and original work of the entrant.
- Choose your essay title:
- Art History ‘Does contemporary art have social value?’
- Economics ‘Can rich countries meaningfully help developing countries improve their standards of living?’
- English ‘Does literature change anything?’
- History ‘Is history dangerous?’
- Law ‘Human Rights: Universal or a Western Construct?’
- Philosophy ‘What is utilitarianism? Can it be defended?’
- Politics & International Relations ‘Is war a pre-requisite for peace?’
- First place £2,000 cash prize, plus £1,000 for your school or college
- Second place £1,000 cash prize
- Third place £500 cash prize
- Fourth-Tenth prizes £40
The deadline for the receipt of entries is 17:00 on Sunday 20th May 2018.