Computer science and engineering are two of the most popular study fields among students. With the increasing use of technology, these two fields are growing rapidly and have become prominent in every industry, from healthcare to defense. These fields are considered fascinating and practical areas of study. To promote higher education in these two study areas and to help students lightening their financial burden, NetGeek has come up with an exciting scholarship program open for 2021. This is an annual funding program that will be awarded to college and university students majoring in the following areas: computer science, software engineering, information technology, computer engineering, computer information systems, and graphic design.
The purpose of NetGeek behind funding this program is to encourage and support the next generation of coders to learn this important skill and make a positive impact on their communities and society. We are moving forward toward a more advanced world slightly and technology has secured a very important place in our day-to-day lives. From studying to connecting with our loved ones, we are getting more dependent on technology to do our work as fast as possible. But last few years, a sudden reduction in the number of tech students has been recorded, and the reason behind this is possibly the increasing cost of education. There is no doubt that a degree in computer science or engineering is a smart career move, but it requires lots of investment of money to earn one. And that is why NetGeek wants to make it possible for students to gain education in this study field through its scholarship program.
NetGeek supports its customer in managing their PCs, peripherals, networking, and systems so they can focus on their goals. It is more like very own business-savvy professionals who offer technical prowess. It helps people establish a business that’s dedicated to customer service and keep their business running smoothly.
Get more details given in the table given below:
|Educational Level||College and university students|
|Subjects||Computer science, software engineering, information technology, computer engineering, computer information systems, and graphic design|
|Number of Awards||1|
|Application Deadline||August 3, 2021|
|Application Fees||Not Required|
|Requirements||Proof of enrolment and a short video|
Who is Eligible?
Students who meet the following requirements will be welcome to participate in this program:
- Applicants must be U.S. citizen or permanent resident;
- Candidates should be enrolled in an accredited college or university (have either accepted a school’s offer of admission if you will be a freshman, or are a returning sophomore, junior, etc.)
- Aspirants must be majoring in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Information Systems, Information Technology, or a mixed disciplinary major that includes a computing component such as computational science, medical informatics, or gaming and animation.
How to Apply?
You can send your application for this program just by filling an online application form given on the official website of NetGeek. You can access this form by clicking here. In the form, you need to provide some information like name, mail address, email address, phone number, and your institution name, etc. Please make sure that your information is right and complete to avoid any problem regarding to your application process.
An essay of 5000-word essay explaining how you want to use your area of study to impact the world. Whether it’s hardware or software, we want to hear how your creativity and passion, honed by education in the field, are going to make a difference. Please submit your essay using the below form in a .doc file.
Proof of enrollment that might include:
– A scanned copy of your student identification card
– A transcript or list of courses you are enrolled in for the Fall semester
– A letter from your school’s admissions or student affairs office stating that you are an enrolled student
– An acceptance letter from your school showing that you have been accepted for the current calendar year (if you are a freshman or new transfer student only)
This is an annual funding program that offers $1000 monetary support to all eligible applicants. This money doesn’t need to be refunded nor require any interest, unlike educational loans. Students can use it to pay for their study expenses and make things easier for them during their learning journey.
The application deadline is August 3, 2021. To get better consideration, please send your candidature earlier.