New College of the Humanities is pleased to announce the NCH Graduate Essay Competition. The Competition is open to students with a first class or upper second class degree and who are interested in master’s study at the college.
NCH has earned a reputation as a world-class academic institution that is leading the way in UK higher education. Nationals of and reside in the UK, EU & EEA including Switzerland are considered to apply for this essay contest.
Who May Eligible:
To eligible, the candidates must be following all the eligibility criteria:
- Students who hold a first class or upper second class undergraduate degree and
- Students who are nationals of and reside in the UK, EU & EEA including Switzerland.
How to Apply & Competitions Rules:
To participate, the applicants must need to do register and submit their essay to email@example.com
Choose your essay title
- “Is economics still a useful subject after the global crisis showed some of its limitations?” Economics
- ‘Is history dangerous?’ History
- ‘In what sense, if any, are values objective?’ Philosophy
- ‘Is war a pre-requisite for peace?’ Politics & International Relations
- Essays should answer one of the specified questions.
- Essays must be of approximately 1,500 words (excluding references and footnotes), typed and in double line spacing, with your full name at the top of each page, and be submitted in Word document format.
- The essay must be the sole creation and original work of the entrant.
- The essay must not have been submitted to this or any other essay competition in previous years.
- Any form of plagiarism will result in automatic disqualification.
- No person may submit more than one essay for each annual competition.
- First prize £4,000 scholarship for an NCH master’s degree
- Second prize £2,000 scholarship for an NCH master’s degree
- Third prize £1,000 scholarship for an NCH master’s degree
- £40 Amazon voucher for shortlisted entries
The deadline for the receipt of entries is 23.59 on Sunday 8 July 2018.