Intending to recognize as well as reward new first-time entering undergraduate students who have exemplified academic excellence, the North Carolina Central University is introducing its Chancellor’s Cycle of Success Scholarships for the academic year 2022-2023.
The scholarships will be awarded based on entering students’ cumulative GPA by NCCentral. The minimum required GPA is 3.0. The students must be enrolled in a full-time undergraduate program and must have resided in university accommodation for the first two years of study to be eligible to win this scholarship award ranging from $2,500 to $7,500.
Founded by Dr. James E. Shepard in affiliation with the Chautauqua movement in 1909 and supported by private funds from both Northern and Southern philanthropists, North Carolina Central University is a state-supported public liberal arts institution and a historically black university in Durham, North Carolina. NCCentral is ranked 48th in Regional Universities South. It has a strong tradition of teaching, research, and service which prepares students to become global leaders and practitioners who transform communities.
|Organization||North Carolina Central University|
|Number of Awards||NA|
|Contest Deadline||15 October, 2022|
Who is Eligible?
- The applicants must have a minimum 3.3 weighted GPA on the high school transcript submitted for first-year admission into a baccalaureate program at NCCU.
- The applicants must be enrolled full-time each semester and earn a minimum of 15 credit hours each semester.
- The applicants must reside in University housing for their first two years enrolled.
- The applicants must complete their FAFSA application.
- The applicants must be admitted as a freshman into a baccalaureate program at NCCU.
How to Apply?
- The applicants must make sure to meet the admission requirements for undergraduate students at NCCentral.
- The students are required to apply for admission to a desirable program at NCCentral through its application portal.
- Students must then sign up for FAFSA and complete their application.
- The students are then required to register themselves for SOAR.
The central University will provide the following scholarship award levels to the selected candidates:
- Soaring Eagle – $7,500
- Rising Eagle – $3,500
- Eagle-in-Flight – $2,500
The first, second, and third priority deadlines for undergraduate admissions at NCCentral are 15th October, 15th November, and 15th January respectively. However, students are also required to honour the FAFSA application deadline for the scholarship, i.e. 1st October.