If you are a North Carolina resident student enrolled as an undergraduate in at least nine credit hours at a qualifying private North Carolina campus then you are welcome to apply for the NC Need-Based Scholarship Program. College Foundation of North Carolina has initiated this NC Need-based scholarship for the students who demonstrate financial need attending private institutions of higher education located in North Carolina. This scholarship helps the students with their financial requirements and help them to have a stress free academic years.
This scholarship is designed to fulfill the financial needs of the students. The Foundation of North Carolina is concern about the education of financially backward students; it aims to ensure all the students complete their education and their academics are not stuck because of financial needs. The program is purposely designed to meet the requirements of the students attending private institutions of higher education in North Carolina.
College Foundation of North Carolina is a free service of the State of North Carolina provided by a collaboration of Pathways, the North Carolina State Education Assistance Authority, and College Foundation, Inc. CFNC promotes access to North Carolina higher education and assists students with education planning, career planning, paying for college, and applying. Along with the valuable academic programs, the foundation aims to provide different scholarships to serve their financial needs.
Who May Be Eligible?
Here are the eligibility requirements students need to stand to apply for this program
- Students should be a North Carolina resident as well as a North Carolina resident student for tuition purpose, as defined by North Carolina Residency Manual
- Candidate should demonstrate a certain level of financial need based on calculated Expected Family Contribution from the Free Application for Federal Student Aid
- Applicant should be enrolled as an undergraduate student in at least nine credit hours at a qualifying private North Carolina campus
- The fellow should meet requirements for the Federal Pell Grant (except the EFC range restrictions)
How to Apply
If you are eligible, then you can apply for the program by filling the FAFSA application form. All the details demonstrating their financial needs should be supplied in the form. All the details and the other supporting documents needed for the program should be provided to any of the qualifying private North Carolina institutions. Applications should be submitted prior to the deadline; late applications will not be accepted
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) should be submitted
- All the other details required for the program should be provided
Winning students will get the funds up to $7,340 to fulfill their educational needs like tuition, fees, and others during their studies. The program aims to support and encourage the students to complete their education without financial stress. It motivates them to maintain an excellent academic record.
The last date to apply for the program is 1 October 2020.