LNESC is helping out students in defraying the high cost of studies through its latest scholarship program. The awards intend is to motivate the talented undergraduate Latino students attending a college or university within the U.S. and engaged in the field of media and entertainment industry.
The aim of the grant is to help those applicants who have the mindset to achieve great things in life but are bound by their financial limits. This reward will provide sufficient support to recipients to accomplish their education.
LNESC or LULAC National Education Service Centers, Inc. works as a national non-profit organization established in 1973. Its purpose is to implement education and leadership programs that narrow the opportunity gap for America’s disadvantaged youth.
Who May Be Eligible?
To be eligible for this scholarship program the applicant must fit under all the following criteria:
- Must be a college sophomore or junior enrolled full time in a college or university
- Must be a US citizen
- All majors are welcome, although the applicant must have an interest in the media and entertainment area
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must have a minimum 3.0/4.0 GPA
How to Apply?
To be considered for the program the eligible candidate must fill the online application form by providing all the necessary details below required for the application.
- College transcript must have proof of the cumulative GPA
- Three (3) letters of recommendation
- Each letter of recommendation must have a complete telephone number and email address for each reference
LNESC will offer 10 scholarships of $5,000 each which will be divided into two equal disbursements of $2500 for the fall and spring. The applicant must maintain his/her GPA for the second scholarship disbursement.
The last date to apply for the scholarship program is July 24th, 2020.