Students pursuing a career in professional counseling are cordially invited by the NBCC Foundation for its Rural Scholarship Program for the year 2020. These awards are created to mainly increase the number of counselors available to serve people in rural areas.
The grants will financially support the beneficiary who is enrolled in a Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs -accredited counseling master’s program. The funding will help to accomplish their goals.
NBCC Foundation’s primary objectives are to increase the number of counselors and Mental Health Facilitators working with high-priority populations. Its main tools for accomplishing their goals are Scholarships, fellowships, and capacity-building grants.
Who May Eligible?
To eligible for the Rural Scholarship, the candidates must meet up with the eligibility criteria:
- Must be enrolled in a CACREP-accredited counseling master’s program.
- Must reside in a rural area as defined by the Health Resources and Services Administration.
- Must be recently enrolled full time for the fall 2020 semester and be in good standing in a CACREP-accredited counseling masters-level program.
- Must have taken courses for the spring 2020 semester.
- Students are expected to graduate by December 31, 2023 (in three years of the date of the scholarship funding).
- Eligible applicants must not have an anticipated program completion date before May 1, 2021, which will be verified in writing by their academic department before the awarding of funds.
- Must commit to becoming board certified by applying for the National Certified Counselor certification before graduation and to completing the application process.
- Must commit to providing mental health services in a rural area within one year of graduation and for the duration of a minimum of at least two years post-graduation.
How to Apply
NBCC Foundation is offering a total of five scholarships in the amount of $8,000 for the aspiring students. These grants will surely act as a supportive pillar for recipients for defraying the higher cost of education and achieving their goals.
The application for the scholarship program opens June 1, 2020, and the deadline is July 31, 2020.