Columbia Southern University is offering Scholarships to the member of the National Volunteer Fire Council for the year 2020. The program is inviting applicants with a high school diploma, and also current CSU students will be eligible to take part in the award.
The purpose of granting funds is to assist scholars in achieving quality education without facing any trouble. The recipients will be able to complete any courses of their choice with the help of the provided funds which will be covering the entire cost of the course.
Columbia Southern University is an online university located in Orange Beach, Alabama. It offers online degree programs at the associate, bachelor, master, doctorate, or certificate levels in a multitude of areas such as occupational safety and health, fire administration, criminal justice, business administration, human resource management, health care administration, and more.
Who May Eligible?
To eligible for the award, the candidates must be fit under the given criteria:
- Must be a member of the NVFC
- Must be a volunteer responder
- Must not have previously earned a scholarship through CSU or the NVFC
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent (GED)
- Must be able to begin coursework within 90 days of the date of the award
- Must maintain a 2.0 undergraduate GPA or 3.0 graduate GPA
- Must remain in good standing with CSU and NVFC throughout his or her degree program
- Must maintain continuous enrollment in the CSU degree program
- Current CSU students must already meet these requirements to be considered
How to Apply
The university is receiving applications for the program online through a scholarship form. The form can be found on the official site of the program which should be filled to get considered.
- Must submit a 500-word essay on this subject: “Explain how the opportunity to continue your education through this scholarship will advance your participation in the fire and emergency services or enhance your ability to contribute back to the emergency services community.”
- Must provide at least one letter of recommendation (from a teacher or someone at the fire department you reported to directly)
- Must be able to provide a transcript
Columbia Southern University will be rewarding two scholarships to the members of the National Volunteer Fire Council. This grant will cover up to 60 credit hours towards one online degree program. It will be applied directly to the beneficiary’s tuition for up to three years or until the completion of the selected online degree program.
The applications for the scholarship will be open from June 1, 2020, until August 31, 2020.