Do you like engineering? Are you continuing your education in the engineering field? If yes, then here is a mind-blowing opportunity to get your education funded. National Society of Professional Engineers or NSPE is inviting applications for their incredible Steinman Scholarship. The Steinman Scholarship is awarded annually to two current undergraduate students entering or continuing their junior year in a four-year ABET-accredited engineering program. Applicants should be United States Citizens.
The goal of this program is to enhance the student’s growth in the field of engineering. Engineering comes with a lot of academic stress as well as financial stress. It is not possible for every student to manage their educational expenses and to help these students by giving them some funds, this scholarship is designed. It encourages students to do better in the fields of engineering and grow their careers in the right direction. It motivates them to complete their academic years with dedication.
In 1934, a group of professional engineers met in New York City to establish an organization dedicated to the non-technical concerns of licensed, skilled engineers. The National Society of Professional Engineers stands today as the only national organization committed to addressing the professional concerns of licensed PEs across all disciplines. They initiate different programs to fund the education of students starting their journey with engineering. The society makes every possible effort to make the academic years of the engineers easy.
Table of Contents
Get a glimpse about the Steinman Scholarship funded by NSPE in the table below:
|Organization||National Society of Professional Engineers|
|Number of Awards||Two|
|Application Deadline||March 1, 2021|
|Requirement||Application, essay and transcript|
Who May Be Eligible?
If this sounds interesting to you, then follow the below-given requirements:
- Applicants who are currently enrolled in good standing in a four-year ABET-accredited engineering program are eligible.
- Fellows who will be entering or continuing their junior year in the fall are welcome to apply.
- Individuals should be U.S. citizens.
How to Apply
Only the eligible candidates are welcome to apply for the program. Candidates should fill the form with all the needed information. Incomplete or invalid information will not be considered for the scholarship. Applications should be sent to email@example.com. Supporting materials should be provided with care. Incomplete supporting documents will not be entertained. The official transcript should be mailed to The Steinman Scholarship, 1420 King St. Alexandria, VA 22314.
- The fully completed application form is needed.
- A resume or summary of internship/co-op experience(s) and involvement in other activities (recommendations from supervisors may also be submitted for additional consideration).
- Recommendations from two faculty members who have taught you are needed.
- A 500-word (maximum) essay on “The Importance of Ethics in the Practice of Engineering;”
- Official transcript from the current academic program is required.
Two fellows will be selected and awarded with an amount of $5000. This amount should be utilized to pay the educational expenses of the students. This scholarship makes the engineering educational journey of the students easy and motivates them to do better in their careers. This scholarship helps deserving students and appreciates their hard work and dedication.
Please submit your application before or on March 1, 2021.