National Science Teachers Association (NSTA) is pleased to announce Angela Award. The award is open to any female student in grades 5–8 who is a resident of the United States, US Territories, or Canada, and is enrolled in full time public, private, or homeschool.
This award honors one female student in grades 5–8, who is involved in or has a strong connection to science. The award has been established in honor of Gerry Wheeler, Executive Director Emeritus, and his outstanding dedication to NSTA and lifelong commitment to science education.
Who May Eligible:
To eligible, the candidates must be following all the eligibility criteria:
- Any female student in grades 5–8 who is a resident of the United States, US Territories, or Canada, and is enrolled in full time public, private, or homeschool.
- NSTA employees, NSTA Board and Council members, award judges, and their immediate families are not eligible to apply.
How to Apply for the Competition:
To win the competition, you need to submit a nomination and application form online through the given links:
- Nomination: https://app.reviewr.com/s1/site//TeacherAwardsNominations2018
- Application: https://app.reviewr.com/s1/site//NSTATeacherAwards2018
- $1,000 US EE Savings Bond or Canadian Savings Bond purchased for the equivalent issue price.
- The awardees will be honored at the Teacher Awards Banquet at NSTA’s National Conference.
The completed application must be received by December 17, 2020.
For more information contact Amanda Upton, the NSTA Awards and Recognition Program liaison, at 703.312.9217 or firstname.lastname@example.org.