National Endowment for Financial Education is pleased to announce the 2018 My Story Essay Contest. The competition is open for the legal resident of the 50 United States or the District of Columbia who is at least 18 years of age at the time of application.
The Entry with the highest score awarded will be eligible to receive a $2,000 cash prize. The second highest winner will receive a $1,000 cash prize. The 4 Entries ranked third, fourth, fifth, and sixth highest will each be eligible to receive a $250 cash prize.
Who May Eligible:
To eligible, the candidates must be following all the eligibility criteria:
- A legal resident of the 50 United States or the District of Columbia
- At least 18 years of age
- Currently enrolled in a not-for-profit accredited college or university
- Currently enrolled in CashCourse (setting up an account is free and easy)
How to Apply & Competitions Rules:
To win the competition you need to do register through the given link: https://www.cashcourse.org/My-Story/Enter
- You are limited to one Entry.
- filling out the official entry form, which requires Your full name, Your email address, Your age, the name of Your not-for-profit accredited college or university, and Your year in school for the 2018-2019 academic year (i.e. Freshman, Sophomore, Junior, Senior, or Graduate Student).
- Failure to fill out any part of the official entry form will result in disqualification of Your Entry.
- As part of Your Entry, You will be asked to submit an essay of not more than 750 words in length in a PDF or word format answering the following question:
- Describe a financial mistake or stumble you have had. What did you learn from it? How has it shaped your approach to your money today?
- Essays must be submitted in English.
- Your Essay should be completely original material and must not have been previously submitted to another contest. Your work must be your own.
- Plagiarized content will be immediately disqualified.
- 1 grand prize winner – $2,000
- 1 second place winner – $1,000
- 4 runners-up – $250 each
The contest ends October 31, 2018.