Applications are open for the Nation Cup international Design Competition. The competition is open to all the design companies, individual designers, and students in architecture, landscape, urban planning, design, and art. Public spaces, facilities and citizens’ daily life will be the main focus of this competition.
The aim of the competition is to discuss the merging point between various new technologies, city infrastructure and citizens’ daily life, with the trans-boundary model of “New-tech +” to stimulate more practicable and unique designs.
Table of Contents
Who May Eligible:
To eligible, the candidates must be following all the eligibility criteria:
- This competition is open to professional designers and college students from the fields of urban planning, architecture, landscape architecture, art design and relevant disciplines at home and abroad.
- Besides, interdisciplinary practitioners, new-tech, and new energy research institutes are also welcomed to participate.
How to Apply & Competitions Rules:
To participate, the applicants are required to submit digital files, including drawing and other information to NaTiancompetition@163.com
- Creativity: Create diverse and interesting places for Suqian citizens and tourists. The design must be original.
- Locality: Project should be designed with a comprehensive consideration of local history, culture, and natural environment.
- Sustainability: The sustainability of design, materials, and operation should be considered.
- Feasibility: This is not only a conceptual competition. The selection of material, the form of construction and the requirement of craftsmanship should all be feasible.
- The application of new technology and new materials: In the design, new technology and new material are expected to play a leading and innovating role in the development and implementation of public facilities.
- Originality: Participants should ensure the originality of the proposal and make sure it hasn’t been submitted to other competitions.
- The design should be able to enhance the identity and design quality of the area and add new functions.
- Specification: The layout of the 841mm x 594mm drawing should be horizontal.
- Content: The drawings should include:
- Basic features of the site
- The relation between design and site
- The relation between design and new technology & new materials
- The relation between design scale and nature
- Detailed design
- Such as a site-plan that can fully express the design intention; plans, elevations, and sections; perspective drawing, illustration and a design description of about 500 words (to be integrated into the pictures and drawings). There is no limitation on proportion.
- A TXT document must be attached in the e-mail of the submission, which includes participants’ name, registration number, e-mail address, mobile phone number, name and contact information of the advisor (if any), the full name of the school /design institute, title and brief introduction of the submitted work.
- Submission list:
- Three A1 (841mm * 594mm) panels in the horizontal version
- Booklet in A3 size (420mm*297mm), no more than 20 pages (construction material list and total cost should be included)
- Supplementary documents (like model photos and videos) if necessary
- Submit the digital version of drawings and related documents to NaTiancompetition@163.com.
- Include “Natian International Design Competition” in the e-mail subject line. If the entry is too large to attach, upload to File Sharing Softwares such as “WeTransfer” or “Google Drive” and provide the download link in the submission email. Entries will be printed and laid out by the committee.
- Language: English
- Scale and dimensions must be in the Metric System
- Documents: Recognizable scanned copy of passports should be attached to the e-mail. Participants themselves are responsible for the authenticity of the documents.
- First Prize (1 team): Honor certificate + Bonus 400,000RMB (before tax, around 60,000USD)
- Second Prize (3 teams): Honor certificate + Bonus 100,000RMB (before tax, around 15,000USD)
- Third Prize (5 teams): Honor certificate + Bonus 40,000RMB (before tax, around 6,000USD)
- Honorable Mentions (several teams): Honor certificate and full year UED magazine
- One or more prize-winning projects might be implemented on site and local government has the final say. The fee for design development and construction are not included in the award.
Registration deadline is June 30, 2018, at 24:00(UTC+8).
If you have any question, do not hesitate to email to NaTiancompetition@163.com