International Aviation Art Contest was first established in 1989, and since then, Fédération Aéronautique Internationale (FAI) has been facilitating the contest to encourage youngsters to delineate the significance of flight through their art. Showing the effect of air transportation through an intelligent, fun medium, for example, art persuades youth to turn out to be more acquainted with aviation, designing, and science. The same contest is led by NASAO in the U.S and the NASAO Center for Aviation Research and Education. The U.S. competition is endorsed by the National Aeronautic Association (NAA) and upheld by Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University – Prescott, Ken Cook Co., the Federal Aviation Administration, and the National Coalition for Aviation and Space Education with extra support from NASAO State Members.
The following contest targets youngsters between the ages of 6 and 17. Final decisions will be made separately for three classes, as indicated by age. The winners of the state-level competition will have the chance to participate in the national level competition and then in the international level contest. The benefits will be in the form of recognition, participation certificates, medals, and whatnot. The deadlines for the state and the national competition are different. The entrants need to create an original and unique artwork following the theme and instructions given and win their way to receive the above-mentioned awards.
NASAO, founded in 1931, is devoted to addressing the interests of the states and the general population before policymakers at the government level. A protected, secure, effective, and very much supported aeronautics framework is an excellent financial booster for development and occupation creation worldwide. NASAO is the leading association that profoundly put resources into addressing the public interest in all aspects of flying and air terminals.
|Education Level||Not defined|
|Number of Awards||Varies|
|Nationality||Domestic and international|
|Application Fees||Not required|
Who is Eligible?
The children of ages between 6 – 17 are eligible to enter the contest. Anyone related to officials or employees of NASAO, FAI, or any of its member organizations is also eligible to apply.
How to Apply?
To participate, the entrants need to prepare an art subject to the theme and instructions given:
- The theme of the contest is “Design Your Perfect Aircraft.”
- 11 3/4 X 16 ½ inches or in case this is unattainable, the nearest possible is accepted.
- Your artwork must not be framed or bordered.
- Permitted Mediums: acrylic, oil paint, watercolor, indelible marker pens, felt-tip pens, soft ball-point pens, indelible ink, Crayola, or any similar indelible medium.
- NOT permitted mediums: pencil or charcoal; computer-generated artwork; collage work involving the use of photocopies.
- A certificate of authenticity must be attached to the backside of the artwork.
- The following information must be included on the backside of the art:
- first and last name
- mailing address
- date of birth
- name and address of child’s school
- It is not compulsory to include the title on the poster. However, the candidate can decide as per their choice whether to have it or not.
Submissions can be made by mailing them to the addresses given on the portal separately for state and national entries.
The awards for the following contest are divided into three categories which are as follows:
State winners will receive recognition from their respective states. The top three entries in each age group will be sent to Washington D.C. to be judged in the national competition.
Out of the entries received from the state competition, 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place national winners from each age group will be selected and sent to FAI for the international competition.
- The final winners of the international competition will receive certificates and gold, silver, or bronze medals.
The deadlines for the contest are as follows:
- State contest: January 10, 2022
- National competition: February 21, 2022