Applications are open for the NASA CO2 Conversion Challenge sponsored by NASA with platform support provided by RAMPIT, LLC. This competition is open to the applicants who are a U.S. citizen or permanent resident of the United States and are 18 years of age or older.
The goal of the program is to stimulate innovation in basic and applied research, technology development, and prototype demonstration that have the potential for application to the performance of the space and aeronautical activities of the administration.
The program offers incentive prizes to generate revolutionary solutions to problems of interest to NASA and the nation. The program seeks innovations from diverse and non-traditional sources.
Who May Eligible:
NASA welcomes applications from individuals, teams, and organization or entities that have a recognized legal existence and structure under applicable law (State, Federal or Country) and that are in good standing in the jurisdiction under which they are organized with the following restrictions:
- Individuals must be U.S. citizens or permanent residents of the United States and must be 18 years of age or older.
- Organizations must be an entity incorporated in and maintaining a primary place of business in the United States.
- Teams must be comprised of otherwise eligible individuals or organizations, and led by an otherwise eligible individual or organization.
- Teams must conduct their demonstration work in facilities based in the United States, to include Alaska, Hawaii, and the U.S. territories.
- Foreign citizens may only participate through an eligible US entity as
- An employee of such entity
- A full-time student of such entity, if the entity is a university or other accredited institution of higher learning,
- An owner of such entity, so long as foreign citizens own less than 50% of the interests in the entity, or
- A contractor under written contract to such entity
How to Apply & Competition Rules:
To win the competition you need to do register through the given link:
- Your application must be in English.
- You must complete registration to participate in the Competition.
- Individuals must be 18 years of age or older at the time of entry to participate either individually or by representing an applicant organization.
- Your Entry should meet the application requirements stipulated on this website. You are required to register in advance of any deadlines for the submission of an Entry, and you must comply with all other deadlines posted on this website.
- Your Entry may not, in the sole and unfettered discretion of NASA and/or RAMPIT, contain obscene, provocative, defamatory, or otherwise objectionable or inappropriate content.
- You may participate by registering, but you may not register more than one true and uniform identity; multiple registrations for a Competitor using multiple identities are not allowed.
- You cannot reside in nor be governed by countries that are prohibited by law, regulation (including the United States or other applicable export laws and regulations), treaty or administrative act from entering into trade relations (including the export of technology) with the United States of America or its citizens.
- S. government employees may enter the competition, or be members of prize-eligible teams, so long as they are not acting within the scope of their Federal employment, and they rely on no facilities, access, personnel, knowledge or other resources that are available to them as a result of their employment except for those resources available to all other participants on an equal basis.
- S. government employees participating as individuals, or who submit applications on behalf of an otherwise eligible organization, will be responsible for ensuring that their participation in the Competition is permitted by the rules and regulations relevant to their position and that they have obtained any authorization that may be required by virtue of their government position.
- Failure to do so may result in the disqualification of them individually or of the entity which they represent or in which they are involved.
- A team-designated team lead shall be responsible for the actions of and compliance with the rules, including prize eligibility rules, by all members of his or her team.
- Federal entities or Federal employees acting within the scope of their employment are not eligible to win an award.
- Employees of NASA, RAMPIT, The Common Pool, LLC, and any of their subsidiaries and affiliates, and immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouses, regardless of where they live) or persons living in the same households of such employees, are not eligible.
- NASA will award up to five teams $50,000 each, to be announced in April 2019.
- Phase 2 will carry a prize purse of up to $750,000, for a total challenge prize purse of $1 million.
You must first register no later than Thursday, January 24, 2019, at 5:00 PM Central.
You may contact with any questions or comments about rules. Enter CO2Conversion Challenge in the subject line of your email. You may reach them at email@example.com.