If you are interested in studying foreign languages, then here’s a tremendous opportunity to apply for the Naomi Gunderson scholarship offered by the University of Iowa.
The Naomi Gunderson Scholarship has taken a wonderful initiative to make students learn new languages and provide them with a valuable scholarship amount to acquire higher education across the USA.
The University of Iowa works as a public research university in Iowa City that was founded in 1847. It holds the position of the oldest and the second largest University all over the state. The University includes 12 colleges over more than 200 fields of study and seven professional degrees.
Who May Eligible
Interested students must go through the below requirements for knowing the eligibility:
- Interested scholars must be an undergraduate, full-time, degree-seeking UI student in good academic standing.
- Students must be a U.S. citizen or U.S. permanent resident
- Students are required to complete at least one year of language study before the application deadline.
- Students are required to have a minimum 3.33 UI cumulative GPA as reported on your unofficial UI grade report.
- Also completed a minimum of 24 s.h.
- Students must demonstrate an intention to develop advanced proficiency in the language of study.
- Students are proposed to study abroad for at least one semester during the academic year.
How to Apply
Students are required to submit the following:
- Two essays on “statement of the proposed study and personal statement” of 750 words or less each.
- Must provide an official grade report.
- Two-letter of references.
This Naomi Gunderson scholarship will provide up to two awards of $1,000 each semester. There are two awards available.
Applicants are free to submit their applications by March 26, 2020.