North American International Auto Show (NAIAS) is delighted to announce the NAIAS Poster Contest 2018. The posters must have an automotive, NAIAS, or Detroit theme. The contest is open to students who are currently enrolled in grades 10 through 12 at any high school in the state of Michigan.
High school students are invited to submit 18” x 24” posters and have a chance to become involved in their world premier auto show in Detroit while gaining experience in creative competition. $6,300 in scholarship money will be awarded to 16 students.
Who May Eligible:
To eligible, the candidates must be following all the eligibility criteria:
- The contest is open to Michigan students
- Currently enrolled in grades 10 through 12.
- The contest is not open to Detroit Auto Dealers Association (DADA) members nor their families, employees of the North American International Auto Show (NAIAS), or family members of the judges.
How to Apply & Competition Rules:
To participate in the competition, the applicants must mail their entries to- North American International Auto Show Poster Contest 1900 West Big Beaver Road, Suite 100, Troy, MI 48084-3537
- No shared work is allowed.
- Two posters per student.
- Posters must have an automotive, NAIAS, or Detroit theme.
- Note that any posters containing brand-specific vehicles will be ineligible.
- All subject matter must be in good taste.
- Copy: Posters must contain all of the following copy:
- “2019 North American International Auto Show” or “2019 NAIAS”
- “Cobo Center”
- A credit line with the student’s name will be allowed
- Entry Form: The back of the poster must contain, in print, a legible copy of the:
- student’s name
- student’s phone number
- student’s address
- student’s grade level
- school name
- teacher’s name
- teacher’s email address
- Poster Size
- The poster can be horizontal or vertical, mounted on matte board (or foam core, etc.) and
- measure approximately 18″ x 24″
- Any mixed media suitable for reproduction as a poster is allowed, including computer-generated graphics.
- Posters must be two-dimensional.
- All posters must be original art.
$6,300 in scholarship money will be awarded to 16 students. All winning entries will be on display during the public show at Cobo Center, Detroit, January 12-27, 2019; and will also be included in the official NAIAS program.
- Chairmen’s Award $1,000
- State Farm Award 1,000
- Designer’s Best of Show, Digital 500
- Designer’s Best of Show, Traditional 500
- Best Theme 250
- Best Use of Color 250
- Most Creative 250
- 1st Place, 10th Grade Award 500
- 1st Place, 11th Grade Award 500
- 1st Place, 12th Grade Award 500
- 2nd Place, 10th Grade Award 250
- 2nd Place, 11th Grade Award 250
- 2nd Place, 12th Grade Award 250
- 3rd Place, 10th Grade Award 100
- 3rd Place, 11th Grade Award 100
- 3rd Place, 12th Grade Award 100
Entries must be submitted by November 20, 2018.
If you have further questions, contact Sandy Herp at 248.283.5138 or firstname.lastname@example.org