MPOWER Financing is providing financial assisting to female international/DACA students through their MPOWER Women in STEM Scholarship. The candidates currently enrolled or accepted to study full-time in a STEM degree program in the United States or Canada are welcomed to apply for the funds. Students must be accepted at or enrolled in a full-time degree program at the U.S. or Canadian school that MPOWER supports.
The scholarship programme focuses on women who can use their STEM degree to support society and the world and who will act as role models and advocates for women in STEM. The MPOWER Financing believes in addressing inequality in education, so it decided to provide equal support to female students in accomplishing their higher education more effectively.
MPOWER Financing is a Public Benefit Organization whose stated purpose is to develop financial obstacles to international education. With offices in New York and Bangalore, India, it is headquartered in Washington, DC. It was founded in 2014 by Manu Smadja and Michael Davis, who both attended INSEAD Paris, where they met. Multiple awards have been awarded, including “Development Company of the Year.” MPOWER Financing lends to students who graduate within two years and uses a patented loan mo mo mo.
Candidates must refer to the table for the additional details about the Scholarship-
|Educational Level||Full-time Students|
|Number of Awards||3|
|Application Deadline||January 15, 2022|
|Requirement||Transcript, proof of citizenship|
Who May Be Eligible?
Candidates must refer to the given requirements before applying for the scholarship:
- Applicants must be accepted at or enrolled in, a full-time degree program at a U.S. or Canadian school that MPOWER supports, and
- Must be an international student permitted to study in the United States or Canada, as legally applicable:
- To study in the U.S., this means that the applicant meets one of these criteria:
- Must have a valid visa which permits study within the U.S.
- Protected under the Childhood Arrivals Deferred Action (DACA)
- A permanent citizen of the United States (holder of the Green Card)
- To study in Canada, this means the applicant meets one of these criteria:
- Must be a Canadian permanent resident
- Has a valid Canadian study permit
How to Apply
To be applicable for the scholarship program, eligible applicants can submit their information electronically. The students will have to fill an online application form and submit all of the required credentials to complete one. The complete will be only considered upon submitting all the required documents.
- Must submit a copy of your transcript or admission letter)
- Must provide a proof of your citizenship, gender, and immigration status (i.e., your passport and visa) after we provisionally select you for the award.
MPOWER Financing will be giving away a Grand Prize worth $3,000 to a deserving student, and the other two Honorable Mentions award worth $1,000. The program will provide them with sufficient support they needed to accomplish their education. The amount will help them in covering up their high-cost expenses. The recipient will get help in lowering their financial burden through the scholarship program.
Eligible candidates interested in applying must apply for the program by January 15, 2022. Students with incomplete or late applications will not be accepted.