Applications are open for The Montelupo Ceramic Award 2018 edition theme is “everyday object”. Fondazione Museo Montelupo Onlus, based in Montelupo Fiorentino at Museo della Ceramica, officially announces this international competition to produce a ceramic artifact during an on-site residency.
The competition is aimed at young creative’s – designers, artists, architects, students – under the age of 35, inviting them to develop a project to produce an object entirely made of ceramics. Included is an available residency featuring Montelupo.
The award provides for a total cash prize of 4000,00 euros for the three (3) winners.
Who May Eligible:
To eligible, the candidates must be following all the eligibility criteria:
- Individuals or groups (professionals, students of design and applied arts, artists) of any geographical origin and
- Must be up to 35 years of age.
How to Apply & Competitions Rules:
To participate, the applicants must submit an online application form through the given link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSexu9u27FoiR9QcAOCNoK6xCqP3Qv-qj4-rx3pt7U54NAwFXA/viewform
- It is to be considered decisive to the terms of the participation in the limit of 35 years of age (are allowed to participate in the prize those born after 01/01/1983 who have reached the age of majority on the date of participation in the competition).
- To officially apply an online form must be filled in full, attach three (3) planning designs (A3 sized format –10 Mb max in file size – pdf format).
- Each table must be named with a number and the contestant’s name (i.e.: johnsmith_tab01, johnsmith_tab02, johnsmith_tab03) and they must be arranged as follows:
- Design 1 the project’s concept explained through an essay of max 240 words (pdf), including object type and reasons for its planning choices.
- Design 2 a research phase explanatory table with all the images used in the creative process.
- Design 3 project design table on the final product: the design drawing (with multiple views from different angles including measurement data, techniques and materials to be used). For the project execution any technique is allowed: hand drawing, 3D drawing, photomontage, vector drawing).
The prize money, given according to the jury’s unquestionable opinion, will be distributed as follows:
- 1st Prize 2.500,00 Euros net + on-site residency + artifact production (winner)
- 2nd Prize 1.500,00 Euros net + artifact production (mention)
- 3rd Prize production of the artifact (mention)
- Prize money is in cash and gross of taxes/withholding tax if required.
- The one-week residency will be fully paid by Fondazione Museo Montelupo Onlus, which will cover all expenses related to:
• Return journeys
• Specialized studios’ availability
• Training assistance by highly experienced craftsmen who will personally take care of the artifact production alongside the designer
The application is open from May 10th till September 10th 2018.
If you have any question, contact at email@example.com