The Indiana Commission for Higher Education is glad to introduce its Mitch Daniels Early Graduation Scholarship to assist US students in their higher education. The award is available for applicants who have graduated from a publicly supported high school at least one year early.
The award program is organized with an aim to make learning come alive for each of you and to adequately prepare students for the lifetime of opportunities and challenges that they will have after they leave here. The scholars will also get to receive funds for paying for their studies
The Indiana Commission for Higher Education is the 14-member public body. It was built in 1971 to tell us the missions of Indiana’s colleges and universities and coordination. The state’s postsecondary education system, and confirm that Indiana’s higher education system is set to meet the aim of students and the nation.
Table of Contents
Who May Be Eligible?
These are the following guidelines to be eligible for this eligibility:
- Must be an Indiana resident and a US Citizen or eligible non-citizen
- Applicants must have had legal settlement (as defined by IC 20-18- 2-11) in Indiana for at least the last two semesters before graduating from high school.
- Must have attended a publicly supported high school on a full-time equivalency basis for at least the previous two semesters before the student graduated.
- Must have been awarded a minimum of a Core 40 high school diploma by the end of grade 11, including any summer course work completed by July 1 of the year of graduation.
- Must not have been enrolled in a publicly supported high school for any part of a fourth-year (grade 12).
- Must enroll as a full-time, degree-seeking student at an eligible institution not later than the fall semester (or its equivalent, as determined by the Commission) in the academic year immediately following the year in which the student graduates from high school.
- Must meet any other minimum criteria established by the Commission.
How to Apply
Applicants will need to create a Student Scholar Track Account to complete the application. Once logged into Scholar Track, click “Apply for State Aid” to access the form. Students may also click the following link to access the form directly. Applicants will be prompted to log into ScholarTrack.
- Submit a complete and clean FAFSA at FAFSA.gov.
- Submit a complete Mitch Daniels Early Graduation Scholarship Application through ScholarTrack.
The deserving and talented scholars will be receiving a one-time scholarship worth $4,000. The provided grant may be used towards the tuition, fees, and any remaining funds related to the recipient’s higher education.
The deadline for accepting the scholarship application is August 31, 2021.