Postdoctoral scholars and Ph.D. candidates have a tremendous opportunity to gain benefits from two fellowships with one application. The Momental Foundation is now inviting applicants to the Mistletoe Research Fellowship for the 2020-2021 academic year. STEM Postdoctoral scholars and Ph.D. selected fellows for the Mistletoe Research Fellowship will get the chance to participate in two programs called “The Unfettered Research Grant” and “The MRF Start-up Collaboration”. This fellowship program offers a unique career and funding opportunity to the candidates by combining unrestricted research funding with professional development training remotely.
This fellowship aims to give the deserving candidates an exposure to enhance their career growth with robust financial assistance. This program effectively provides all the necessary guidance about the frontier technology start-ups. The funds given to the fellows during the scholarship can be used to any university-approved research-related activity, including conference travel and other needs to bring out the best results through practical researches. Fellows will learn communication and project management skills.
Momental Foundation’s mission is to build bridges between the academic, entrepreneurial, and civil communities to create a more human-centered and sustainable future through technology. It works on 4 principles of bringing social change through entrepreneurship, innovation by the community, orchestrate invocation, human-centered design.
|Educational Level||Postdoctoral scholars and Ph.D. candidates|
|Number of Awards||Not Defined|
|Nationality||International / Domestic|
|Application Deadline||September 4, 2020|
Who May Be Eligible?
The requirement for the Mistletoe Research fellowship is easy and simple as mentioned below.
- Candidate should be a STEM postdoctoral scholar or a Ph.D.student
How to Apply
If you are eligible, then you can apply through an online application form. All the details and the documents should be effectively provided through the form. Please confirm that all the details you provide are valid and complete as incomplete applications or details are not going to be considered. The applicant is accepted to submit their applications before the deadline. To be considered submit your forms as early as possible
- Candidate should submit names and email addresses for the two faculty members you are requesting recommendations form. The recommenders will receive a secure link to complete your recommendation online. Letters of recommendation should come from academics who have worked with you in a supervisory role
- A current copy of your academic curriculum Vitae in PDF format
- Applicant should submit a statement of Research of 600 words single-spaced using 12pt font in pdf format. This statement reflects your accomplishments, current work, goals, and potential of your work
- If you are applying as an advanced Ph.D. candidate, you will be asked to provide the name and email address of your Ph.D. advisor. The advisor then will receive a secure link asking them to confirm that you reached all but dissertation status and the permission to participate.
This fellowship offers a unique career and funding opportunity to the fellows. Here are the benefits of the two different programs of this fellowship
The Unfettered Research Grant
Provides fellowship recipients with USD 10000 of unrestricted research funding that can be applied to almost any university-approved Research related activity, including conference travel
The MRF start-up Collaboration
An extracurricular, professional training program in which Research Fellows join remote interdisciplinary teams and learn to apply their scholarship and expertise to support frontier technology start-ups with social impact and humanitarian potential
The last date to apply for fellowship is 4 September 2020.