To provide financial support to deserving students in the Trucking Industry, Mississippi Trucking Association Foundation has established the Mississippi Trucking Association Foundation Scholarship. Students can apply to support their scholastic endeavours for the academic year 2022-2023.
This scholarship opportunity is being extended to American national students who are a parent, spouses or children of an employee in the trucking industry or are employed themselves. Applicants that showcase excellent scholastic achievement and have maintained a full-time student status with 12 or more credit hours and a 2.0 GPA per semester will be considered. The award will be of $2,000 per year and will be awarded in two (2) segments each year to the selected students.
Founded in 1942, the Mississippi Trucking Association Foundation is a (501) (C) (3) charitable corporation designed to receive contributions, memorial gifts and property. The mission of the Mississippi Trucking Association, Inc., is to serve as the trusted resource for safety, education, advocacy and member services to promote the trucking industry. The Mississippi Trucking Association is an affiliate of the American Trucking Associations consisting of more than 300 member firms that include for-hire and private truck operators and allied industry members (those that equip and service the industry).
|Organization||Mississippi Trucking Association Foundation|
|Number of Awards||NA|
|Contest Deadline||21st June 2022|
|Requirements||Scholarship application essay|
Who is Eligible?
- The applicants must have a parent or spouse actively employed in the trucking industry.
- The applicants must have had a parent or spouse fatally injured on the job, while employed in the trucking industry.
- The applicants must be planning to earn a degree in a field of study involving the trucking transportation industry.
- The applicants must be children or a spouse of an independent contractor affiliated with a trucking company.
- The applicants must have a parent actively employed with or that has a parent that was fatally injured while on the job as an Enforcement Officer of either the MS Highway Patrol Motor Carrier Division or MDOT’s Motor Carrier Division.
- The applicants must be currently employed in the trucking industry.
How to Apply?
- Students are required to prepare the following documents to apply for the scholarship:
- A completed application
- Completed OFFICIAL transcript of all high school
- Completion of a 500-word essay in MLA Format (as outlined in Application #15)
- Name, address and telephone number of the person and department within the college or university to which the scholarship check should be sent for disbursement.
- A professional photograph (Senior Portrait)
- The applicants must then complete the Scholarship Application Form and submit it to the address below:
- Mississippi Trucking Association Attn: SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATIONS 825 N. President Street Jackson, MS 39202
The scholarship winners selected by the Mississippi Trucking Association Foundation will be invited to the awards ceremony scheduled in July 2022 and be awarded a sum of $2,000 per year in two segments each year towards the cost of education incurred by them.
This scholarship programme is a pre-semester award offered for the 1st and 2nd semesters, the application deadlines for which are, 21st June 2022 and 3rd January 2023. The students must complete and submit their applications as well as the document required in time to receive due consideration.