The American Institute of Chemical Engineers is happy to provide its annual AIChE Minority Scholarship Award. The award is presented to help the undergraduate students in chemical engineering who are from minority groups such as African-American, Hispanic, Native American, Alaskan Native, and Pacific Islander.
The aim of the program is to make resources for students, which they need to accomplish their higher education. The organization will be assisting scholars with a great sum of amount which can be used to cover up various educational purposes.
AIChE is the world’s best leading organization for chemical engineering professionals, with more than 50,000 members from over 100 countries. It was established in 1908 to distinguish chemical engineers as a profession independent of chemists and mechanical engineers.
Who May Be Eligible?
To be eligible, the candidates must meet all the given criteria:
- Applicants must be undergraduates in chemical engineering during the 2017-2018 academic years and be members of a minority group that is under-represented in chemical engineering, i.e., African-American, Hispanic, Native American, Alaskan Native, and Pacific Islander.
- Applicants who will complete the chemical engineering baccalaureate degree requirements in the mid-academic year (i.e., after one semester of one or two quarters), if successful, will receive prorated awards.
- Candidates who receive the scholarship are expected to join their college’s AIChE Student Chapter.
How to Apply
The students who are eligible according to the given criteria must complete the online scholarship form and upload the supporting documents.
- Copy of each of the following items (each letter should contain an original signature to be scanned and uploaded) should be submitted online:
- A career essay not to exceed 300 words outlining immediate plans after graduation, areas of chemical engineering interest, and long-range career objectives
- A resume
- Unofficial copy of student transcript
- An EFC (Expected Family Contribution) provided in the electronic Student Aid Report(SAR) on FAFSA (The Free Application for Federal Student Aid) (Optional: A letter from the parent/guardian verifying financial need can also be included with the EFC in the SAR Report of FAFSA. Please include a list of financial resources for educational support.)
- A letter of recommendation from the AIChE student chapter advisor, department chair, or chemical engineering faculty member containing, but not limited to, the following:
- Verification of nominee’s GPA and projected completion date.
- An evaluation of the student’s academic performance and participation in AIChE and other professional or civic activities.
- Confirmation of minority group of students.
AIChE is giving away a $1000 scholarship to deserving students towards their educational expenses such as tuition, fees, books and etc. The scholars will get help to accomplish their courses without facing any financial issues.
Applications must be submitted by August 12, 2020.