Rotary District is keen towards helping the veteran students to prepare them for their brightest future. Rotary District is introducing scholarship for the deserving honorably discharged veterans called “Military Veterans Rotary District Scholarship”. Honorably discharged veterans students pursuing undergraduate studies, graduate studies, or a degree, or a certificate program from a recognized accredited college or university are welcome to apply.
The Rotary District foundation understands the struggles of students to pay their educational expenses with the rising tuition and other fees. The purpose of this scholarship is to financially assist veterans who have exhausted government aid or who might not otherwise have the financial means to continue their education further. This program helps these deserving students to achieve all their career goals with some financial assistance and encourages them to maintain good academic records.
The Rotary Foundation’s mission is to support the efforts of Rotary International in the fulfillment of the Object of Rotary, Rotary mission, and the achievement of world understanding and peace through local, national and international humanitarian, educational, and cultural programs. The Rotary Foundation in charitable funding vehicle for much of the work of Rotary. Rotarians around the world give generously to their Foundation to accomplish a wide range of programs. It aims for a better life to become a reality for thousands of deserving people around the world.
|Educational Level||Military Veteran High School Students|
|Number of Awards||2|
|Nationality||Domestic and international|
|Application Deadline||October 31 2020|
|Requirements||Letter of Recommendation, Transcript|
Who May Be Eligible?
All the applicants need to strictly follow the below-given eligibility requirements before applying for the grant
- Applicant must be a United States military veteran who has been honorably discharged
- Candidate must demonstrate financial needs
- Candidate must agree to authorize Rotary District 5930 to publicize the awards if he or she is selected
- The fellow should meet be at least any of the following;
-Residing in district 5930
-Attending college or University in District 5930 or should have graduated from a high school in District 5930
-Membership in a Rotaract Club does not affect eligibility
How to Apply
If you stand on the above-given requirements, then you can apply for the program by submitting the online application and the required documents to Paul Torres at firstname.lastname@example.org. Potential scholarship recipients will be required to participate in an interview with the District 5930 scholarship committee through the Zoom videoconferencing system. All the documents should be valid and sent before the deadline
- A copy of the veteran’s honorable discharge, DD 214 form or a letter certifying current service and eligibility for release from active duty before attending an accredited college or University
- Official college transcripts for all course attempted and any degrees or certificates awarded. If postsecondary credits amount to less than 12 semester credit hours and a high school diploma was awarded within the past five years, a high school transcript should be provided. Transcripts must be in 4.0-grade scale or if in a different system translated to the 4.0 scale
- A complete signed copy of the applicants’ 1040 tax return must be enclosed.
- An essay of 200 – 500 words on the of the following points
- Reason for applying for this scholarship
- Candidates current field of study and future career plans
- A description of the applicant’s academic strength and challenges
- An explanation of what the applicant hopes to gain from pursuing his / her degree/certificate program with the assistance of this scholarship
- An explanation of how completion of his/her degree/ certificate program will help the applicant be of service to others
- Acceptance letter, or a letter stating the students current status from an accredited college or University
- Proof of college expenses
- A resume detailing military duty and duty stations, awards volunteer activities, and community services
- Two letters of recommendation from academic instructors, employees, supervisors or other individuals who can attest to the applicants potential to benefit from this program
- Original transcripts from all postsecondary college and or universities attended
Two students will be selected to benefit through this program. Substantial financial assistance will be provided for the students to complete their education. The scholarship will be awarded annually contingent upon the student maintaining the higher educational institution prescribed academic standards and showing evidence of enrolment. More than one scholarship may be awarded annually if funds are available.
The last date to apply is October 31, 2020.