Prove your skills in Microsoft Word, Excel® and PowerPoint® and you could win an invitation to compete in the World Championship in Orlando, Florida, USA! The Certiport, Inc. is now presenting the Microsoft Office Specialist Global Competition that tests students’ skills in Microsoft Office Word, Excel®, and PowerPoint.
Top students are invited to represent their respective countries at the World Championship. Anyone may participate in the qualification round of testing, but to participate in the World Championship, candidates must be students who are enrolled in an approved, degree-seeking academic institution recognized by the state or country in which it operates.
This MOS World Championship program provides schools flexible curriculum, customizable lesson plans and professional development opportunities for teachers.
Who May Eligible:
To be eligible to participate in the Contest, you must:
- Be between the ages of 13 and 22 as of June 15, 2018(and if you are an eligible minor you must have the permission from your parents or legal guardians to participate in the Contest)
- Be enrolled in an approved academic institution (as defined by Sponsor in its sole discretion)
- Not be a resident of Crimea, Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, Syria, Iraq, Liberia, Libya, or Somalia
- Not be a person or entity under U.S. export controls or sanctions.
- Students at Microsoft Imagine Academies are encouraged to participate.
- In some countries or regions, students are required to participate in a National Championship, and the winners of that event continue on to the World Championship.
- Previous participants of the World Championship Round are eligible for the 2018 Championship. However, they cannot compete in the Exam they previously competed in during a World Championship Round.
How to Apply & Competitions Rules:
In order to participate in the Microsoft Office Specialist World Championship Contest, you need to take a Microsoft Office Specialist exam in Word, Excel, or PowerPoint (2013 or 2016).
By taking a Microsoft Office Specialist certification exam, you’ll be automatically entered into the MOS Championship World Championship and you could be chosen to represent your country!
To participate in the World Championship, the applicants must pass one of the following six (6) exams:
- Microsoft Office Specialist Word 2013
- Microsoft Office Specialist Excel®2013
- Microsoft Office Specialist PowerPoint®2013
- Microsoft Office Specialist Word 2016
- Microsoft Office Specialist Excel®2016
- Microsoft Office Specialist PowerPoint®2016
- Eligible exams can be taken at any Academic Certiport Authorized Testing Center.
- Check and see which countries have submitted the most Microsoft Office Specialist exams in the MOS World Championship: United States, Mexico, Japan, Pakistan, Republic Of Korea, El Salvador, Malaysia, China, Guatemala, and the Netherlands.
- All country champions will be required to test in one of these languages at the World Championship Event regardless of the native or first language.
- There is no limit to the number of times a student may sit for any particular eligible exam as long as he/she is not in violation of the Microsoft Office Specialist exam retake policy.
- 1st Place: $7,000 with Medal of Achievement, Trophy, and Winner’s Certificate and other prizes provided by Microsoft.
- 2nd Place: $3,500 with Medal of Achievement and Winner’s Certificate.
- 3rd Place: $1,500 with Medal of Achievement and Winner’s Certificate.
The deadline to enter your MOS Word, Excel, or PowerPoint score into the 2018 MOS World Championship is June 15, 2021.
If you have questions about whether or not your score has been received, reach out to Certiport at MOSChampionship-at-pearson.com.