The MESG – Mississippi Eminent Scholars Grant program, which was established by the Mississippi Legislature, is aimed to aid Mississippi citizens who are enrolled in state-approved public and private non-profit two-year and four-year colleges and universities. MESG’s primary goal is to provide educational opportunities for high-achieving high school students who want to continue their studies after high school.
In the same term of attendance, no student may receive undergraduate grant help from more than one state-supported undergraduate grant program. If a student is qualified for assistance from numerous grant programs, the student will get the most money from the most extensive program. For more than eight semesters or twelve trimesters, no student may receive undergraduate financial money from any program or combination of programs.)
The Mississippi Legislature is the state legislature of Mississippi, which is located in the United States. The lower Mississippi House of Representatives, with 122 members, and the upper Mississippi State Senate, with 52 members, make up the bicameral Legislature. Representatives and senators are both elected for four-year terms with no term restrictions. The Mississippi State Capitol in Jackson hosts the Legislature.
Table of Contents
The following table provides an overview of the full scholarship:
|Educational Level||Two-year and four-year colleges and universities|
|Number of Awards||2|
|Application Deadline||October 15 , 2021|
Who May Be Eligible?
To be qualified for the Mississippi Eminent Scholars Grant, the applicants must satisfy the following eligibility criteria:
- Be a legal resident of Mississippi for one year prior to graduating from high school or completing home school.
- Achieve a 3.5 cumulative grade point average (GPA) on a 4.0 scale in high school. (Applicants for Home School must present a signed transcript from 9th to 12th grades.)
- To be called a National Merit Finalist or Semi-Finalist, you must score a 29 on the National ACT (1350 on the SAT).
- Enroll full-time in a program of study leading to a first certificate, first associate’s degree, or first bachelor’s degree at an accredited postsecondary school in Mississippi.
How to Apply
Candidates interested in registering for the Mississippi Eminent Scholars Grant must fill out online registration forms available at the Mississippi Legislature’s website. Click here to view the online application:
The application must include the following documents:
- Fill out the online application form. Each academic year for which the applicant is seeking financial help, the online application must be completed.
- Submit all needed documentation. New candidates, as well as those renewal candidates who have had a gap in their membership, will be required to present two types of residence documentation.
The Mississippi Eminent Scholars Grant will provide the selected candidates with aid that can be used for education-related expenses. MESG provides up to $2,500 every academic year; however, these funds cannot be used to cover tuition and fees. So education-related costs include books, activity fees, living expenses, and so on. The amount will be directly transferred to the winner’s account.
The applications are open till October 15, 2021. To be considered for this scholarship, please send your entries by then.