The Max Delbrück Center for Molecular Medicine is delighted to announce Fully-funded Ph.D. positions. This program is open to the candidates who have completed or are in the process of completing a master degree in chemistry, biology, informatics, or some related field.
Table of Contents
Who May Eligible:
To eligible, the candidates must be following all the eligibility criteria:
- Applicants are required to hold or obtain within 6 months of the interview week a university degree equivalent to a Master Degree (≥75%or German scores of at least ‘good’, <2,5 of 5) including a written research thesis.
- Applicants still studying should anticipate receiving their degree not later than 6 months after the interview date.
- Graduates having completed their degree must upload with the application package a scanned copy of the certificate as well as transcript including marked coursework from a university.
- Students still enrolled in their undergraduate program must upload a provisional certificate stating the examination marks already obtained.
How to Apply & Competition Rules:
To win the competition you need to do
register through the given link:
- Applicants shall at the time of interview be in the first four years of their research careers and not yet been awarded a doctoral degree, according to the European Commission’s definition of early-stage researchers.
- ote that candidates who have previously been invited for interviews, will not be considered for the further interview.
- Language skills: Applicants need to have a good command of written and spoken English, while German language skills are not required.
- English proficiency tests for non-native speakers are recommended such as Toefl test with a score of 95+ (internet-based), 240+ (computer-based) or 587+(paper-based), IELTS certificate with a band score 7.0+, or Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English(CAE).
- MDC Master students and MDC interns who have been working or registered at the MDC during the past 2 years longer than 3 months until the Ph.D. interview week at MDC are not eligible to apply to the international MDC Program.
- Instead, they are considered internal students and may apply for internal Ph.D. fellowship positions.
- Short-term interns who have been working or registered at the MDC for less than 3 months until interview week are eligible to apply to the Int. Ph.D. program if they apply to a different research group.
- Short-term interns who wish to join the research group they have been affiliated before are not eligible for the Int. Ph.D. Program and are recommended to apply for an internal Ph.D. fellowship position.
- Curriculum Vitae (maximum 2 pages).
- Transcript (record of study including scores) AND degree certificate of Bachelor degree, Vordiplom or equivalent. Applications lacking marked transcripts cannot be further processed.
- Transcripts (record of study including scores) AND degree certificate of Master degree, Diplom or equivalent in German or English.
- If you have not completed yet your master’s program, you have to provide temporary transcripts including scores. Applications lacking marked transcripts cannot be further processed.
- Two letters of recommendation: Complete all contact detail fields of 2 referees in the application portal and your referees will automatically receive a request for the letter of recommendation.
- make sure that references arrive on time! References arriving after the reference deadline will not be processed and applications will be considered incomplete.
- Ph.D. researchers are fully funded through an initial 3-year working contract with the MDC.
- In many cases, contracts are extended for an additional year.
- All Ph.D. researchers are expected to complete their doctoral research and thesis in 4 years.
- Salaries are competitive to national standards and there are no tuition fees.
The application will close on January 4, 2019.