The foundation of Pennsylvania Medical Society is assisting medical students in achieving their higher education. The U.S. citizens enrolled full time in a fully accredited United States medical school or enrolled in or entering his/her first year of medical school are also encouraged to apply.
The foundation designed the awards to lower some financial burden students faces to accomplish their studies. The provided funds will be significant enough to pay for any of their educational purposes or course fees, tuition, books, room, and many others.
The foundation of Pennsylvania Medical Society was established in 1954 as a 501(c)(3) organization. It serves as the charitable affiliate of the Pennsylvania Medical Society with a focus to provide access to medical school education, peer monitoring for physicians. Its mission is to provide programs and services for individual physicians and others that improve the well-being of Pennsylvanians and sustain the future of medicine.
Table of Contents
Who May Be Eligible?
To eligible for the program, the candidates must be reviewing all the eligibility requirements:
- Students must be United States citizens.
- Applicant must be a resident of Montgomery County in the state of Pennsylvania at the time of high school graduation or for at least four years before registering as a medical student.
- Students must be enrolled full time in a fully accredited United States medical school.
- Applicants must be enrolled in or entering his/her first year of medical school.
How to Apply
Students who find themselves eligible according to the above criteria can apply for the scholarship digitally by signing in or up in their accounts. The applicants will then be able to access the scholarship form and provide their mandatory documents.
- A completed scholarship application form.
- Two reference letters, from persons other than family members, documenting the applicant’s integrity, interpersonal skills, and potential as a physician.
- A letter, on school letterhead, from the applicant’s medical school, verifying that he/she is enrolled full time as a first-year medical student at that institution.
- An essay addressing the following: Reasons for pursuing a medical career, personal goals, and plans for the future within the profession in 500 words or less.
Two scholarships in the amount of $2,000 each will be awarded by the foundation of Pennsylvania Medical Society. The recipients will be able to complete or continue their higher education and its expenses with the funds.
All applications must be submitted by September 30 of the current year to get considered.