The Royal College of Physicians of Edinburgh is delighted to announce McCarthy Award for History of Medicine Research. The award is open to all researchers in the history of medicine, or related social and cultural history fields.
The purpose of the award is to support and develop the study of the history of medicine in Scotland and to promote the use of the library, archive and heritage object collections held by the Royal College of Physicians of Edinburgh.
The prize for the McCarthy Award is £500. The award can only be awarded to an individual once.
Who May Eligible:
To eligible, the candidates must be following all the eligibility criteria:
- This award is open to all researchers in the history of medicine, or related social and cultural history fields.
- Researchers can be based in the United Kingdom or overseas.
How to Apply & Competitions Rules:
To apply, the applicants must download the application and submitted with a PDF or Word version of the abstract to the given address:
Add:- Mr. Iain Milne, Head of Heritage, Royal College of Physicians of Edinburgh, 9 Queen Street, Edinburgh, EH2 1JQ. Email: email@example.com
- The McCarthy Award is only open to individual applicants.
- The award can only be awarded to an individual once.
- Research must be unpublished and must have been undertaken in the last 3 years.
- Abstracts must be based on original research in the field.
- Abstracts must be submitted in either PDF or Word format along with a completed application form and curriculum vitae.
- The abstract must not exceed 1000 words in length.
- The curriculum vitae must not exceed two sides of A4.
- The prize for this award is £500.
- The Journal of the Royal College of Physicians of Edinburgh will publish the winning paper.
- The winner will also be asked to submit a guest blog post on their research for publication on the College’s heritage blog.
The deadline for submissions is 31 August 2018.
Any inquiries can be directed to Iain Milne firstname.lastname@example.org, 0131 247 3625